Watch stock..new colours.. paranoia.. :)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TreRep, Apr 4, 2016.

1. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

15 days ago apple released the new sport colour bands like yellow or blue...

at this time apple stores don't have yet them ready for pick up.. i mean not the single strap but the bundle watch + (new colour) strap

they sell you the old ones and they swap the band for you

also online if you order you will get old stock (like week 3 or 4 of 2016 production - it's last january)

i think they unwrap the watch, they change the band and they sell them with the new combination

this means something for me:

1-apple is plenty of watches, unsold
    2- i never saw an apple watch production week later than the 8th week (end of february)
    3-may be the production of the watch already stopped and apple is finishing the stock?
    4- new apple watch at wwdc?

or maybe

5-nylon bands and new colours were already made and packed in january 2016 and presented on march 21

what do you think?

2. TreRep thread starter macrumors regular

TreRep

3. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Baloney. They are still producing 1st gen watches. The only stock they're clearing out is the SS watches with sport band that now come with nylon and the new leather bands.

4. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I seriously doubt Apple is unwrapping and replacing watch bands on sealed product if that's what I understand you to be saying.

I gather they keep a pretty tight production schedule throughout the year to avoid a lot of excess inventory. Besides there is a staggered release date on products among the countries it sells in.

5. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Looked up my serial number and the watch j bought yesterday was made in late February this year. Pretty recent production.

6. TreRep thread starter macrumors regular

TreRep

7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Historically WWDC is pretty software centric - no hardware announced last year.

8. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

It's the bands that's constraining some models, not the watch.

I think the Sport Band manufacturing process is smaller-scale than you might expect. Some colours are heavily constrained (yellow in particular) and others are randomly unavailable (walnut for example). I don't think they have all colours coming off the production lines at once - I think there are shifts, so to speak. And consequently it is harder to respond to demand spikes.