Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I’m not sure if it’s actually the correct terminology but I restarted me watch tonight, then about an hour later looked down and it seems to be stuck on that screen that happens when it’s updating ( Apple logo on the middle of the screen surrounded by
What look like minute hashmarks I’m a circle around the outside.) it seems to get to about 8 hashmarks then gets stuck there. It will eventually go back to one mark and start over but so far, it hasn’t made it past 8 hash’s.

I’m not sure what to do. If I press the Digital Crown, I get the option to ‘restart setup’ which will return my watch to factory presets.

I can also press the button and it offers me the option of restarting the watch but I’m not sure if that will mess anything up while it’s stuck in this cycle.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Just to. Lose the loop on this one. It continued to exhibit the same behavior over the next hour or so but I checked
The watch app on my phone and it indicated it was still pairing and would be done soon. I ended up leaving it overnight and this morning it was back to normal. I guess it just took a really long time to pair last night for some reason.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Same thing happend to me about 2 months ago. It took about a day to fix. Super annoying, i thought my watch was fubar

SS AW Series 2 on watchOS 6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.