Watch Tel.# in Settings?

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
No and it is not needed there. It also looks like you are magical by having T-Moble and AT&T Wi-Fi at the same time. It also appears that your Watch's phone number does not have a "Check" by it to show it as active. So it really serves no purpose.

Dave

PTVMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
No and it is not needed there. It also looks like you are magical by having T-Moble and AT&T Wi-Fi at the same time. It also appears that your Watch's phone number does not have a "Check" by it to show it as active. So it really serves no purpose.

Dave
That's not from my iPhone - it's from the site I linked to. Frankly, I was merely trying to figure out why a message I tried to send this morning while away from my phone never successfully sent. On the watch it just kept saying "sending....."

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
No worries and the site is wrong in their suggestion. Think for a moment, how would your Watch be able to send an iMessage by using your AppleID if it did not already have an LTE signal in their example.

Now on your specific question: it seems like you did not have a good LTE connection. What showed on the Control Panel or the Explorer Face?

Dave

PTVMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
No worries and the site is wrong in their suggestion. Think for a moment, how would your Watch be able to send an iMessage by using your AppleID if it did not already have an LTE signal in their example.

Now on your specific question: it seems like you did not have a good LTE connection. What showed on the Control Panel or the Explorer Face?

Dave
The control panel showed 3 solid dots. However, as I was in a Panera I wonder if the Watch was trying unsuccessfully to use their wi-fi? Also, why wouldn’t the message send when I got back to the iPhone in my car?