Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Watch to 5K watchOS10 update is now ready for test. This update includes a revised UI for watchOS10. If you're interested in joining the beta please let me know.

Barbaro

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2018
How can I become beta tester?
Would love to test your app!
Thanks in advance and best regards from Italy.

Reactions: bencallis

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I've just shipped 4.1 with the revised UI for watchOS10. Let me know if anyone spots any issues or has any suggestions. Happy running 🏃

Blog-Image-4.1.png

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Work on 4.2 is well underway which inlcludes new Complications based on WidgetKit.

I'm looking for additional beta testers to help test these complications. If you're interested please let me know.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
4.2 testing has gone well and it is expected to be released next week.

Watch to 5K has 25% off this weekend. So its just $2.99 (one time purchase no in-app purchases or subscriptions) rather than $3.99.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
4.3 is now live with new complications and smart stack widgets and a few bug fixes.

Blog-Image-4.2.png

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Version 4.4 has recently launched with the following features:

• New settings menu with updated design.
• Added a Tip Jar to iPhone companion app, allowing users to support the ongoing development of Watch to 5K.
• UI imprvoements in iPhone companion app.

Merry Christmas,
Ben

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Thanks to the generosity of @bencallis, I've had the app for about a week and tried it twice in that time. It's very easy to use, there's no difficulty navigating around it to find what does what. I do wish it would still provide sound notifications when you're listening to a podcast on your phone, but that's on my end, not his. Thanks so much, I hope I make it through all nine weeks!

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
That's all the codes gone for now.

I'm currently working on the next version of the app which will show the average heart rate and heart rate range on the run summary screen in the watch app.

• Love
Reactions: Mackilroy

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Blog Image 5.0.png

Watch to 5K version 5.0 is now available with the following new features and enhancements:

Open Run Feature
Everyone runs at a unique pace. While the program aims for continuous running for 30 minutes, not everyone can achieve a 5K within this time and may miss out on achievements like the 5K distance milestone. Open Run lets you run at your preferred pace without time or distance constraints. Whether it's 3K, 5K, 40 minutes, or more, the choice is yours!

KM Splits
As you advance in the plan and transition to continuous running without walk breaks, the Watch to 5K iPhone companion app will display Splits. This feature helps you track your progress and analyse performance more effectively.

Kilometre Splits will show for all Open Runs.

Audio Improvements
Watch to 5K seamlessly integrates with your favourite music player or podcast app. The app will now temporarily pause spoken audio from podcasts or audiobooks while providing prompts, instead of simply lowering the audio as before. Music apps will still be lowered, not paused.
During Open runs, the virtual coach updates you on your progress at each kilometre, keeping you informed on your total run time, distance, and average pace.

You can also double-tap the screen to hear your current progress.

Additional Changes
• Satellite share images are now higher quality.
• Route lines have been refined to reduce sharp corners in specific instances.
• Improved accuracy of stats in the segment breakdown within the iPhone companion app, addressing minor inaccuracies caused by pauses during runs.
• Average heart rate is now included in the Run Details section of the iPhone app.

More info can be found on the Apps Website:

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
That’s a great update, I just finished all nine weeks of running last week but didn’t quite make it to 5K in half an hour. I need about three minutes more at this juncture.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Thank You! Congratulation on completing the plan. How did you find it?

It sounds like the Open Run feature will be perfect for you to get to your first 5K and unlock the 5K achievement in the app.

Reactions: Mackilroy

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
It worked great! Very convenient, with the watch all the data is there for me instead of me having to guess or having only a little. It’s a nice sense of accomplishment when the app points out a new milestone, those were a good feature and keep me motivated to keep trying. I like going back and comparing early runs to the last few ones, and I’ve recommended the app to multiple other people now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.