Watch troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Oldskool23, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Oldskool23 macrumors member

I thought seeing as the watches are now shipping it might be a good idea to start up a troubleshooting page so we can all help each other if we come across any probs with set up/usage etc...

Personally I can't find the activity app on my iPhone. Apparently it's meant to auto install then u sync the watch but it didn't show up on mine.....how do I get it installed?? Anyone...anyone?

2. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Could we wait until there is a problem? I believe the activity app is hidden until you link the watch.

3. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

The OP did post something, he is asking a trouble shooting question. :rolleyes:

4. KauaiBruce, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Sorry. It was unclear to me that he already paired the watch. I will find out myself later today. I know where the activity app is on the Watch. Did the OP look in the Health App or Watch App? That is where I expected to find it. The online manual may be misleading but the OP is correct that it mentions the Activity App.

5. Oldskool23 thread starter macrumors member

Umm yeah. Read my OP again.... #

6. KauaiBruce, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Did you check the Health or Watch Apps? Try turning phone off and on. I have noticed that I need to do that after Syncing new stuff from my computer. I do not see new playlists or picture folders until then.

NOTE: Someone else just posted the question. Since he mentioned the problem in the title maybe someone will answer.

7. shandyman Suspended

The activity app appears on the phone after you've paired the watch and opened up activity on the watch.

I have some data in there from last week, which is interesting, think that's from when it was QC'd after being made.

8. Oldskool23 thread starter macrumors member

Solved! A quick reboot of the old iPhone was all that was required and it popped up on screen! Thanks!!

9. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Happy that is it. Sorry about misreading your original post. I AM however good at troubleshooting things. :cool: Happy to be prepared for this. One of the first things I plan to do after getting mine set up is to hit the gym and do some rowing.

10. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Mine is out for delivery so I hope to be able to get mine up and running when I get home :p

11. Oldskool23 thread starter macrumors member

Cheers! I just got back from the gym and did a 3km warm up run and it worked great!....got up to 182bpm! Sweet

12. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

After wearing it for a few hours, a few things that I have noticed while playing:

1. One message I sent got stuck on the watch, with an incomplete green line at the top of the watch, even though it showed on the iPhone that it had been sent.

2. Keeping my iPhone in my pocket, I used maps on the watch to navigate home. I guess the gps connection was lost at one point and when I held my arm up, it stopped giving directions and just showed a map. Then reconnected a minute or two later. Might have to keep phone out of jeans? (Maps are a little slow to load)

3. When trying 'Hey Siri', a couple times it completely locked up and took maybe 30 seconds to let me dictate something.

4. Battery life seemed ok, but it seemed to drain my iPhone a lot more than I'm used to.

5. Seems like the display dimmed some in the dark, maybe an embedded light sensor that ifixit was talking about.

Don't get me wrong, 95% of the time it was pretty awesome, but there are still a few little glitches that might need to be worked out in a software update from 1.0

These are just observations, I LOVE the watch so far, and I'm curious to see other's.

13. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

Guess nobody's having any glitches or problems??? LOL

14. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Have you accessed activities on your watch yet?

Oh never mind, it's been answered already.