Watch unboxing.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Prozak0820, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Prozak0820 macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

I saw a few unboxing of the Stainless steel Apple Watch with sport band and the unboxing experience seems less premium since they don’t come with the plastic box lined with the soft stuff. Forgot what it was called. But it just doesn’t look as premium. Makes me feel like they purchased a sport watch because of all the cardboard

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I was somewhat shocked that Apple stopped including the plastic box with the stainless model. I always thought this made it a little bit more exclusive for the price point, and now there including the plastic box only for the Ceramic Edition.

Same thing happened when the Series one launched and no longer included a plastic box, like original Sport model did. I always like the plastic box for transporting the Apple Watch or using it to set it on something when I'm not wearing it.

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

This was the first thing I noticed when I unboxed my S3 Apple Watch Sport this morning. It seems Apple is cutting corners, yet again, while still charging their premium prices. My first generation ("S0") Apple Watch Sport came with a long plastic case with soft-lined interior and a 2m charging cable. My S3 came with no such case, just cardboard, and came with a 1m charging cable. I paid more for my 42mm S3 than I did for my 42mm S0.

4. Prozak0820 thread starter macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

I’m not sure if the plastic box with the soft lined interior is just for the higher end stainless steel (Milanese and Hermès)or just edition. Cause that’s kinda sad.

5. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

All about profits. Take away premium features but keep the premium price and people are still buying. I'm just as guilty. I'm selling my S0 watch on eBay but I'm keeping the charging cable and plastic case it came in since the new cable won't reach my nightstand from my outlet and since the case is pretty much a collector's item at this point, hahaha.

6. Prozak0820 thread starter macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

I want an edition but at the same time I want the pure black of the space black I know I’m getting one of them