Watch video on iPad, with audio on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Awjvail, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Does anybody know of an app that allows you to use your iPhone as a sort of "wireless headphone"? I want to be able to set my iPad down on the counter, with a video playing on it, while using headphones attached to my iPhone to listen to the audio... through Bluetooth or Personal Hotspot.

Another possibiity would be to just "Airplay" the video from the iPhone to the iPad, while leaving the audio playing on the iPhone?

The reason I just can't hook up the headphones directly to the iPad is because I'm going to be moving around quite a bit so the iPhone in my pocket for audio would be the best bet.

Any ideas?

2. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

I understand the desire for an app like this. To be honest, I don't know of one that functions in exactly the way you're describing. Feel free to AppReque.st it though.

I recently purchased some dedicated bluetooth headphones for exactly the situation you mentioned and they are FANTASTIC. Of course, a free app that lets you use things you already have is always a prefered solution however, the convenience of bluetooth headphones will prove a valuable asset day in and day out.

Someone else here is bound to have an app suggestion for you.