Watch will advance keynote slides?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Glene, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Glene macrumors 6502

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

If there is an Apple TV remote app, then I would assume there will be keynote functionality too through an app.

3. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

As a developer I can promise you that this can definitely, absolutely be done. However, it remains to be seen if Apple will implement it. They have implemented similarly handy things like this in the past, so, I would not be surprised if iOS Keynote comes with a watch extension in a few months. A bigger question would be if they make it possible to use it as a remote for Keynote on Mac OS X. Also possible, but, less obvious in my opinion.

Still, overall, I'd say the odds are favorable.

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Pretty sure Craig used Apple watch to progress his Keynote slide onstage in October.

5. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

This is correct. I would expect this to be a feature available at, or soon after launch.

6. nathanjbrown macrumors regular

I do many presentations each month and I say with certainty that the Watch would make a very poor presenter's tool. It would look far too awkward to reach one hand to the other wrist in order to advance a slide (the traditional approach - a presenter remote - enables the presenter to advance slides subtly). The best presentations are those wherein slides seem to advance magically as the presenter speaks. The Watch would ruin that illusion.

Not that I haven't considered this. I've also pondered how gesture control might be possible (but, alas, gesture control from a wrist-worn device would undoubtedly result in accidental slide advancement).

All that said, my team is ordering a Watch to experiment with how it might possibly strengthen presentations (e.g. serving as a trigger for media not contained within the Keynote file). We're definitely curious!

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I've never watched a presentation where I felt the slides were magically changing. We all know how keynote/powerpoint presentations work.

8. techguy9 macrumors regular

techguy9

Yep, he did! :D

Attached Files:

9. Glene thread starter macrumors 6502

Correct, not worried about how to use it, will take the watch off to use it to advance slides..

10. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Solution to this: take the watch bands off, keep the apple watch in your hand.

11. Joey225 macrumors member

I won't presume that this would bother everyone else, but you'd barely see slide previews and presenter's notes like this. I know I like to have that info available when I present a lesson.

12. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

We only do presentations once every quarter at my job. I set everything up in Keynote and usually sit at my computer and advance the slides. Unfortunately I'm an idiot and never considered using my phone as the remote before this.:confused: I will definitely sit in the back and use either the phone or watch now.