Watcha Doin' This Summer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pimentoLoaf, Jun 13, 2010.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Other than relaxin', drinkin', and snoozin'?

Attached Files:

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I've got 10 weeks of vacation and just got a place in manhattan for the summer. ;)

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Working, going to Mexico, maybe a wee bit of school.

4. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Working. I have a week and a half of vacation in August, that's it.

5. ethical macrumors 68000

Working mostly. Next year is going to be more expensive than the previous year, so I need to save some pennies.

But, I'm also hoping to go traveling for a week or so with a few friends. Just to a few spots in Europe on cheapo flights, to relax for a bit.

Of course there will be plenty of BBQs on the beach and nights out along the way...

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Summer is pretty much no different than any other part of the year for me - I'll be working. It's just hotter, more thunderstorms to deal with, and more time spent at BBQs and the beach. :)

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Going on a trip through the Rockies. Jasper and Banff. Scouting out some Universities for my eldest (going into Grade 11 this Sept).

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Going on my first real holiday ever to a desert island off the coast of Africa. Waiting to see if I get accepted onto a Masters course. Probably do a bit of work. Family go off on another holiday whilst I stay home. Then either go to uni or get a proper job as Autumn rolls in.

Oh and walking. Lots and lots of walking.

9. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

10. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Mostly just chillin' and enjoying life. Have tickets for couple open airs so they take some time of my summer but not much. I have whole June off and most of July too (bad time for computers so only work like 2 days of the week :D). Trip to Spain in early July with couple mates. I never plan too much because I think holiday is time to do whatever you want. Today I woke up at 1.30pm, that's what I call holiday.

Oh, and not to forget, a lot (maybe too much) of MR and booze :p

11. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

part time work at a bakery to earn some spending cash while i'm in college (start this fall). errmm..18th birthday in a few days, overnight college orientation, 12 hours fishing trip in July off the coast of Gloucester, MA.

other than the snoozing and relaxing the OP mentioned.

12. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

So far lots of camping and kayaking and hashish, from the ocean to the mountains. Fishing, kayaking, and camping Copeland Islands to Desolation Sound marine park in two weeks, for three weeks is going to be my big trip this summer. A week or two to recover, then the plan is to head back up north to visit friends on the big island and hit Whistler for a few days of mountain biking, with a likely stop in Vancouver for sushi and cannabis on the way home.

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Stuff.

A fair bit of programming, I'm going to start a music project with a friend and I'm going to cover my next year's university syllabus as I'll have to miss some time for medical reasons and I don't want it to impact my grades.

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Oh! and I need to learn C and as a hobby I was going to master AppleScript.

15. bamaworks macrumors 6502

I was going to say the the same thing but you beat me to it. I'm heading to Playa Del Carmen on Wednesday. :cool:

16. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Gah...I'm not even looking forward to summer :/.

I'm a 10th grader right now, and my family is forcing me to take classes at a community college over the summer. I think I'll be taking the basic English, and basic History or something.... There goes my summer.

17. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to go to St. Louis and visit family for the month of July. I'm having problems finding a place to work there though...I work at a major coffee company and we are allowed to work at other stores so I'm trying to find one in STL that needs someone for summer not as easy as it sounds:cool:

18. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Look at the positives. Atleast you'll have a bit of a jump start on college. One of my best friends did something like that during our sophomore year of high school. he was done w/ college a bit earlier than me and everyone else from our graduating class.

19. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

Friends and I decided to drive from Jersey to San Diego. We decided to do this for a few reasons. Number one being we are tired of places in iPhoto only having pins in Jersey. Think it will look great with pinpoints showing our route. Also, we want to have a great adventure, we decided we will not be happy unless one of us does not come back.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Trying to make enough cash to stay afloat until next summer.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Really pushing hard for a new job. I want my Camaro convertible, dammit. :)

Also going to Fire Island in July with scem0 and Jack.

22. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Working (extra hours), building a house, *hopefully get engaged.

:D

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Baseball, Vegas *just got back*, six flags, water world, baseball, bbq's, baseball, motorcycling, rock climbing, baseball, reading, concerts, and baseball

24. RudyGrow macrumors regular

Working, Reading, Family Reuinion, Working at a camp, Working at a second camp, Going to a national leadership camp, partying, swimming...