Watchdogs delayed

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Oct 15, 2013.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well one of the biggest titles has been delayed. I wonder if it was not just quality control making the decision to push the title to spring but the realisation that if your ubisoft and your pushing two major titles Assassins Creed and Watchdogs at same time, there was a greater chance one title would cannibalise sales of the other as folks may only pick up one or the other and not both. Especially with both call of duty and battlefield also vying for consumer cash

Releasing in spring which is usually a drought time gaming wise makes economical sense and increases chance of sales as well as giving time to add polish.

I'm pretty sure the game was/is ready to ship, the recent PS4 bundle surely is an indicator of that, but much like how Rayman Legends was ready to ship on Wii U in March, Ubisoft again delayed it.

2. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Nooooooo! :mad:

Darn...I was using that as "pressure" to get Zelda HD done...

Oh well, I guess I'll be spending more time with Zelda, and the alpha version of Star Citizen...among the pile of other games I have...:eek:

3. wabbit42 macrumors regular

Read about this this morning, it's a shame as it was originally the only game I was picking up for the PS4. Luckily I also have BF4 preordered now, and possible KZ if Game put my preorder upgrade request through.

Hopefully it will leave time for me to play those games and forget about GTA V so I can enjoy it more, since Watch Dogs looks great :D .

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I'm not too upset, I've added Skylanders to my PS4 launch list now so I have enough games to play too.

5. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

Pretty happy about this - there were already too many games coming out this holiday season for Wii U - I'd rather this come out early 2014 when I'll have more time to sink my teeth into this game.

The extra time should make for a better game too. Rayman Legends is a near perfect game for what they were going for because they had so much time with it.

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

There's a rumor floating around that says the WiiU version will be cancelled once/soon after/before a new release date is announced. So you might be in luck since it may never make it to the WiiU.

Unfortunately Nintendo has shot themselves in the foot too many times this gen, they're losing 3rd party support left and right. I've said it before, they should have waited to release it, its nearly a year in and there is barely any software worth buying on the system. It's full of delay after delay, and companies just outright saying they won't support it. I do love the remastered Zelda, but thats for another thread.

I had this preordered for the PS4 but cancelled it a couple weeks ago, looks like it wasn't a bad choice anyhow lol.

PS4 still has a decent launch list even with this going away, then again I plan on scaling back what I buy so I don't end up with 100+ games like I did with the PS3. I just don't have the time to sit and play for hours like I used to.

7. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

My guess is GTA 5 caused the delay and Ubisoft's now recoding for feature parity

They're now releasing alongside Titanfall and Destiny. Good luck with that

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Though I would not be surprised to see Destiny slip back to summer / autumn 2014