WatchESPN and DirecTV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sk1wbw, Dec 30, 2014.

1. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I tried to setup the ESPN channel and there's no login for Directv? Did I miss it?

2. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Probably not, DirecTV isn't really participating with the various online streaming services and is pushing their own streaming solution using their receiver.

3. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

Disney and directv don't have an agreement right now for content over the internet.

So disney won't allow directv customers to watch their content over the internet.

Disney owns ABC & ESPN.
    So you cannot log into those ATV apps using your directv account. This also applies to the apps on the iphone and ipad.

I am a directv customer and I can log into every other network app using my directv account except for ESPN and ABC.

4. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

They just signed the new deal about a week ago with Disney and Fox. The Fox apps can now be logged into with directv, Disney should be coming early 2015. Forth paragraph down http://investor.directv.com/press-r...Company-Sign-Expansive-Agreement/default.aspx

5. eimeria macrumors member

That's great news. Thanks for providing the update.

6. apple.snapple macrumors regular

I'm waiting with bated breath for this. Our daughter loves mickey and Disney Jr, but since DTV wasn't on the approved list, we had to stick with Nick Jr (yuck!) on our iPhones/iPad.

7. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

From what I have heard and read, WatchESPN for DTV subscribers should be available within the next 30-60 days. I think they want the launch to be go without a hitch. It's not just WatchESPN thats going online but all the disney and ABC channels as well.

8. Slimmyhendrix macrumors regular

I am dropping DTV on Sunday and it bums me out they don't work together. I have charter Internet and can stream live most games in "college fan view" like the Ohio / Oregon championship game.

9. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

As an update for anyone who hasn't found out yet: