Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatsmyfish

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Which watchfaces take the most out of the battery and which do you prefer? I've been using Modular with five complications this week and my battery life has been great. I switched to Motion yesterday and noticed it was draining at a decent clip. Does the Motion use more battery despite the lack of complications?

I've been the most disappointed with the Astronomy Face so far. I've read Apple put so much work into making the trip from Earth to Moon be as accurate as possible, but it is hours from accurate in terms of sunrise and the clouds are (intentionally) not accurate at all. It seems odd for Apple to put so much work into the accuracy of some elements and intentionally leave the most visible components incorrect.

Plus I wish I could turn off the flashing green light. I know where I live. :)

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I keep a pretty simple watch face and I think it helps. Here is what. Y battery is looking like. This was with about 10% battery remaining.

image.jpg

thatsmyfish

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Over the past few days I noticed I was getting 3-4% per hour use, which was great. Since switching to Motion (and restarting the watch and app) I was averaging 5-6%. It seemed an extensive increase for just changing the watch face.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.