Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevez0r

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
New York City
I know it can be done with a PC, but can this work with a Mac? If so what programs would I need and what are the settings?

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Stevez0r said:
I know it can be done with a PC, but can this work with a Mac? If so what programs would I need and what are the settings?

Use Handbrake to rip into a QVGA (320x240) .avi file - can't remember exact settings, but play around with it. Dump it on the memory card and use TCPMP as your player - should work fine, if you don't mind the small screen size. I've only watched a little bit, but I thought the quality was more than acceptable.

David

Stevez0r

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
New York City
orangezorki said:
Use Handbrake to rip into a QVGA (320x240) .avi file - can't remember exact settings, but play around with it. Dump it on the memory card and use TCPMP as your player - should work fine, if you don't mind the small screen size. I've only watched a little bit, but I thought the quality was more than acceptable.

David
I used Mac the Ripper and Handbrake, but it file is still large. Or do I just use Handbrake?

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Stevez0r said:
I used Mac the Ripper and Handbrake, but it file is still large. Or do I just use Handbrake?

I just used Handbrake. For a whole film, it took about 4-500Mb. Not sure if that's what you are getting or expecting, but its why I get decent quality. That's why a 1 or 2Gb miniSD is worthwhile...

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.