Watching hulu on the computer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by henry2, Mar 26, 2011.

1. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

Here is a Question i get asked a few times by people i work with dureing lunch when are talking about the nightly tv shows that they seam to follow on tv ..

Because of the hours i work dureing the week for i never know the hours i'm going to the work that week because of the job .. So i do not really follow network tv shows and i use the computer with the extras flat screen as a way to watch movies on dvds and tv shows on hulu useing the internet service i have at my place..

So does anyone else do this type of set up and if you do ..Do you get asked why do you do that way instead of useing a tivo or dvr set up from the cable company

2. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

I've never been asked why and If I did, I'd ask them why it matters.

What difference does it make as to how you seen it if the subject of the conversation is what you saw?

Besides, If you have Internet and a free service such as Hulu exists, Why pay more for a box if you have no trouble watching the shows later anyway?

The only advantage the DVR would give you is the ability to record shows that you may not be able to find for free on online.

I personally do not pay for cable because I can often catch cable content by going directly to the site of the channel it would come on. Most cable TV networks allow you to watch their content on demand for free.

3. henry2 thread starter macrumors regular

henry2

That is what i explained to them that it not a really need to have cable tv part of the package when you can get most of the shows for free on there websites ..

4. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I get some odd looks when people see that I have a computer hooked up to my tv, but nothing weird. I usually just tell them it's my DVD player since most people still don't get online video, podcasts, etc.