Watching LOST from abroad on my Mac...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by netdog, Jan 31, 2008.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Anybody have a surefire way to watch LOST from outside the USA on the ABC website?

Exact precise instructions please. I have tried a couple of proxy sites and had not luck yet but that my be my own fault.

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I know you weren't asking this, but just in case you didn't know, it starts on Sky One on Sunday evening here in the UK.

Obviously, that is only relevant if you have Sky.

Sorry I don't know how to do what you describe.

3. MacBoo macrumors newbie

Apperently you can either use a program called Hotspot Shield (I can get it working for watching hulu.com - described here: but not for abc.com and lost)

I read that you can find a proxy (form the US) here

Enter it in Firefox, open Tools –> Options. Select Connection Settings and select Manual Proxy Configuration. Add the IP to the HTTP Proxy Row and enter the Port in the field next to it. Click Use this proxy server for all protocols - this should work, but I cant get it working

Anyone who can?

4. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Anyone made any progress here? Sounds like ABC's HD streams are really great.

5. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

I've tried Hotspot Shield as suggested above, but it doesn't work.

I've tried public proxy servers, but although you can access the ABC.COM website (can do this with Hotspot Shield too) - the servers tend to be too slow for any downloading.

So for now, i've given up! :mad:

Maybe we shouldn't given our Auntie Beeb (BBC iPlayer) if the Americans don't give us their ABC.com? What do you think guys? :)