Watching Lost on abc.com?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wheezy84, Jan 31, 2008.

1. wheezy84 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to watch Lost on abc.com via their HD stream player. But when I install the plugin that is required, nothing happens. I'm using Safari on Tiger OS. My comp is a Macbook. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Peace

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I have watched other shows in HD to catch up on ones I missed.

iMac 20" core duo - OS 10.5.1

Never had an issue.

3. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Have you tried using Firefox instead? When something doesn't work as it should in Safari or Camino I try FF. FF usually works fine.

4. wheezy84 thread starter macrumors newbie

finally worked with Firefox. Thanks!

5. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

6. mmoore42 macrumors newbie

same problem

I am having the same problem as the original person. However, neither Safari or Firefox is working. Safari gives me an error code when I try to download ABC's software.
    Firefox downloaded the software, but will not run the program.

Are there any firewall settings that may be blocking the program? I am able to watch the previews and clips that they show.

7. shneady macrumors member

I'm having the exact same problem as well... I tried watching Lost last night, and apparently their player only supports IE and FF. So, I installed FF, and it's not opening either... Any help out there, please, would be greatly appreciated. I hate IE with a passion. Definitely do not want to use!! FF seems cool too, if only I can get the players to work... On that note, when will these online players support Safari? I hate that they don't! I love my Safari with a passion....

8. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I've just tried both Firefox and Safari. Safari gave me a DRM Key error, but Firefox was fine.

I'm using Leopard 10.5.6

I also have perian and a bunch of other Codecs installed, could that be the difference?

Flash Player according to the Adobe website: You have version 10,0,12,36 installed

9. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

10. mmoore42 macrumors newbie

Well, I am still on version 10.4, but the abc site indicates that that should be ok. I do have version 10 of adobe.

Your mention of codecs and perian is over my head, I'm afraid. And what is Boxee?

I'm using Leopard 10.5.6

I also have perian and a bunch of other Codecs installed, could that be the difference?

Flash Player according to the Adobe website: You have version 10,0,12,36 installed

11. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I have no problem at all viewing Lost. I have all the latest updates installed. I think the quality is excellent. Watching TV on ones computer is growing every day. I work with some people that gave up on satellite or cable and just use their computer. MC