Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scenicroadways

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2004
on mine, the movies always play horizontal, so laying on my side works fine. Web browsing is a diff. story tho

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
If I am watching a movie on my Touch and am lying on my side how would I make it so can watch it horizontally as the sensor puts it vertically?

Thanks

all the videos play horizontal automatically...you can't change it...i've had no problems laying on my side watching a video...

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2007
If I am watching a movie on my Touch and am lying on my side how would I make it so can watch it horizontally as the sensor puts it vertically?

Thanks[/QUOTE

I thought I was the only one who did that. But they're right...they will automatically play on the side...its web browsing that will give you some problems.

Ps...typing this on my touch right now.

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
The only time the accelerometer changes the orientation of the video is when you are viewing a movie through quicktime in safari. Other than that videos will always play in landscape with the home button on the right.

loafer

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
Browsing the web on your side is no problem either,

just turn the ipod so the right side is up and the webpage is in landscape, then turn the ipod upside down to the top is facing the floor.

The web page will remain in landscape.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.