Watching movies in Quicktime... glitchy

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slomo86, Aug 5, 2008.

1. slomo86 macrumors member

slomo86

I have got a few movies that I have downloaded and they are very glitchy while in full screen. And it seems that the audio and video seem to loose sync. I have closed ALL programs that run and I have changed the screen res to the lowest. That seems to help. Is it my video card??? or RAM?? But I have 1.5 gigs of that... I hope there is a setting... and not get a new video card... oh yeah I am using Quicktime i duno if thats important

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

What are the video and audio formats of the file, the dimensions, frame rate, and bitrate?

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

1. perhaps the file is no good.

Note the PowerMac 450 is 8 to 9 year old, the processor might be too slow. To put it in perspective. iPhone processor is 600mhz clocked down to about 412mhz.

2. file too high resolution for the machine. HD movies won't play well in anything under G5.
    3. did you perform clean system install when you got the powermac? OSX is efficient, but if nothing was done in 8 or 9 years, it might slow you down a little.

Have you try to play a real DVD, not something you are trying to get for free?

5. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Holy crap, I didn't even notice that...

6. slomo86 thread starter macrumors member

slomo86

I had a feeling that it could be the age of the machine too... just didn't want to addmit to it. But no its not HD and it was a clean install when I got it. And I just took the DVD rom drive out the other day and in place of it I put a burner in it. Its not that big of a deal I am leaving for basic training here in the next few days, and after I get back its a new MBP. I just picked this up for the right price...