watching movies on iphone

mikehowardjc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

Sometimes I like watching movies on the fly on my iphone 6s. However, a lot of the times it will be in a high lit up area or outside with the sun out. The glare on the screen can be really annoying. I have heard that the matte finishes can cause the image to look blurry. If that is the case, then I don't know what is worse, a blurry screen or the glare. Is there anything out there can can get rid of the glare and also not reduce the resolution at the same time? What do you do?

thanks,
Mike

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

Sometimes I like watching movies on the fly on my iphone 6s. However, a lot of the times it will be in a high lit up area or outside with the sun out. The glare on the screen can be really annoying. I have heard that the matte finishes can cause the image to look blurry. If that is the case, then I don't know what is worse, a blurry screen or the glare. Is there anything out there can can get rid of the glare and also not reduce the resolution at the same time? What do you do?

thanks,
Mike
Your post is very difficult to understand, however; My advice would be to stay out of bright areas or out of the sun to avoid any Glares.

Reactions: HEK

mikehowardjc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2017
Your post is very difficult to understand, however; My advice would be to stay out of bright areas or out of the sun to avoid any Glares.
Unfortunately, I cannot avoid being in these areas. So they don't make a screen cover that can solve this problem. Is that right?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sorry, but I don't see how the color/finish of the phone has anything to do with the ability to see the screen clearly.
It sounds like the reference is to the screen type rather than the body type (even though that's not explicitly mentioned, just going by the context): https://www.howtogeek.com/181727/gl...hich-should-you-choose-when-buying-a-display/
[doublepost=1496426937][/doublepost]
Matte phones use lower resolution screens. That's why they're blurry.
Since when?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I think the matte finish scatters the light which can cause the image to look blurry. At least that is what I am told though.

M
That doesn't make any sense.
The color of the phone changes nothing on the LCD screen.
[doublepost=1496450415][/doublepost]
Matte phones use lower resolution screens. That's why they're blurry.
That's bs.

mikehowardjc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2017

That's bs.
When I state matte finish I mean the sheen of the screen protector. You can get glossy screen protectors and matte screen protectors. Perhaps my use of the word finish wasn't the best word to use to describe it though.

Thanks

Last edited:

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Unfortunately, I cannot avoid being in these areas. So they don't make a screen cover that can solve this problem. Is that right?
Try bag over head, umbrella, standing in shade of building or overhead awning. You in middle of desert with no shade?
[doublepost=1496531136][/doublepost]

That's bs.
Exactly BS ....Blurry Screen:D

mikehowardjc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2017
You never said anything about a screen protector before.
You said the matte finish.
I didn't think that you could buy an iphone with a matte sheen on it; I thought that you could only get a matte sheen from a screen protector. But anyways, it looks like there really isn't much I can do about the glare without causing other drawbacks, so I will just have to live with it.

Thanks for the help everyone,
Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.