Watching movies on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cantankerously, Jul 11, 2008.

1. cantankerously macrumors regular

This is all new to me. Do I just add the folder containing the movies in iTunes?

2. 36183 Guest

It no different to how you put movies on your ipod, if your iphone is ony manually manage just make sure the movies are the correct format and drag them onto the phone.

3. cantankerously thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have an iPod and I set iTunes for auto managing. I think I know what I have to do now...

thanks

4. pcorrado macrumors regular

if you download a program called handbrake, you can rip dvds and encode them into the proper iphone format with just one click (then drag that file into itunes) - works wonderfully!

5. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

What sort of file sizes are you seeing with the handbrake compression? I did several movies months ago for my 1g iPhone and they were anywhere from 400-700mb depending on the length of the movie. I stopped messing with it since I only had an 8gb phone and not enough space, but now I've got 16gb so it's enough for movies and music.

6. pcorrado macrumors regular

I usually do the 2x encode option at the standard iPhone template they and an 1.5 hour movie is like 800-900 mbs - its not bad.

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Before I got the iPhone, I laughed at the thought of me watching movies on it but I downloaded a BCS game on it and have watched the game several times on it while waiting for someone in the office

8. MV ROB macrumors member

How to get my own burned movies over to my iphone

I had the first gen iphone and had no problems getting movies over to the iphone from itunes. All my movies in itunes showed up under the movie tab in the iphone device section when syncing. now with this new 3G phone all i see are available movies that i rented and tv shows, nothing for any movies. All my movies are in the correct format. Is there something im not doing right? This was one of my favorite features of the iphone so it is sorely missed right now

any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

9. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Nothing whatsoever has changed with iTunes Movie Syncing between iPhone EDGE and iPhone 3G.... Absolutely nothing whatsoever...

10. MV ROB macrumors member

I guess I'll keep trying. For some reason it will not let me drag things into the iPhone tab