Watching NHK in Boston

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andiwm2003, Jan 24, 2014.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

Hi

I would like to watch a show on NHK (Japanese TV) from Boston. I don't think NHK World is the correct one. It should be NHK.

Does anyone know how to get access to NHK live streams or broadcasts here in Boston?

Thanks

2. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

There is (or was, haven't checked) an NHK app for iOS - NHK World.

Pretty limited, you get to see what's on the air now, and much of the time nothing is shown due to copyright, plus it's the World feed.

I would also like to stream Japanese TV, but I haven't been successful in finding any decent sources.

3. r i c h macrumors member

Check with your cable provider for "TV Japan". It's mostly NHK broadcasts. It can get pretty expensive though ($20/mo IIRC).

Also, check with D-Addicts as you maybe able to download the show from there.

What show in particular are you looking for?

4. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

it is about a book author and I'm part of the video. I know pure vanity. I got the show now as DVD. Honestly, don't know how it's called but I got told when I did air and wanted to record it. I'm still surprised that NHK has such a limited internet presence. I expected them to be completely online.

5. r i c h macrumors member

What is the author's name? I'll see if I can find it some how online.

6. smithrh, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014

smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I see no real evidence of any free internet streaming of *any* TV from Japan, I've heard the corporate types over there have too much concern for property rights to get into it.

(NHK World excepted - talking about domestic TV)

7. r i c h macrumors member

There are 3rd party (read: illegal) websites that stream multiple live channels (think youku.com but live) from Japan. You just have to find them.