Watching the event and other questions.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StuMcBill, Aug 25, 2015.

1. StuMcBill, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

StuMcBill macrumors 6502

Im planning on watching the announcement on 8th / 9th September, but was wondering what the best way to view it is? I have a rMBP and an iPad Air 2 - would I just load up the Apple website via Safari and view that way?

Also, assuming that pre-orders start on Friday 11th September, when would you expect the actual phone to begin shipping into customers hands, does it normally arrive a day or 2 before the official Apple Store release? Or will it be same day (presumably Friday 18th)?

Is there any chance that Apple will go the "Apple Sim" route like it has with the LTE Version of the iPad Air 2, if so, would I need to go to an Apple (or EE - my carrier) Store to get my sim card put onto the iPhone?

Also, having never owned an iPhone before (been Android for YEARS), do games sync saves across devices? For example - I am playing Fallout Shelter on my iPad at the moment, if I get an iPhone and download the same game, will my saved data automatically be there if I have signed into Game Center?

Thanks
    Stewart

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

The best option is to watch the livestream on your mac. Safari will work on your Air 2, but would be smoother on your Mac. Actual in store launch if history repeats itself would most likely be a week after announcement. U.S carriers would object to an Apple sim as it would not be using Verizon's, AT&T's, Sprint's, T-Mobile's dedicated network SIM.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

4. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I'll watch it on my TV as usual. It will be dinner time in Europe so the perfect time to lay on the couch and enjoy the event.
    Last year the streaming was really awful during the iPhone and Watch event, but it was an exception, usually the streaming is fine

5. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

it will live at apple.com

i watched via my safari every times work perfect -"""

6. angusmcfisher macrumors member

I just view it on my Mac, but I imagine it should work no problem on iPad so go for whatever is more comfortable. Hopefully we won't have Chinese commentary this year.

As for the game question, I'm an Android user too so I'm afraid I can't answer - but I'd be curious to know too

7. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

For game saves, it depends on the app. Some developers implement cross device saves, other are lazy/chose not to. A good rule for that is if they cross save on Android, they probably will on iOS. However, the opposite is not always true since new features usually come to iOS first. I can check out fallout shelter for you though.

Last year, Apple was asked that question about the apple sim in either an earning report or press interview. We were told it was an iPad only thing as iPhones were sold with contracts and more closely developed with carriers. That however may change this year as carriers have ditched contracts.

Pre-order will be the 11th with an 18th launch. Pre-orders do not ship early except to the 1 or 2 lottery winners.

I always watch the live blog from macrumors since I'm in school during launch events usually.

8. crazyeyes macrumors regular

Has there even been an announcement that the event is going to be the 8th or 9th yet?

9. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

No, but it is assumed to be the 8th as every iPhone launch event for the last few years has been on a Tuesday.