watching tv on my iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zoran, Dec 17, 2010.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

whats is the most minimalistic but best quality way to watch tv channels on my iMac, signal will be coming from a TV antenna cable

2. sportster macrumors 6502

I don't have one, but I've looked into the Elgato EyeTV units before for the same type of thing for my Mac.

3. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

Have you considered watching tv online? now a days you can get pretty much every show online.

4. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

depends on the country one lives, and can u see it live?

5. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

I don't know what it's like in America but in the uk pretty much all the main tv channels like BBC, itv, sky and channel 4 offer tv shows live and anytime. And of course there's sneakier ways of watching programs that aren't shown online by their broadcasters, like tv blinx for example.

6. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

if you can go to the hulu website and use there website to watch tv through the download through the internet cable company ..i get one of shows from down under one is called sea partol and along with the couple of my fav bbc shows i like on the hulu channel ..

i basic wait intill my days off and download them one after the another and watch them on the computer screen ..the only thing i do not like about the whole set up is the speed in which i have to get from the cable company ..

i had to go to the fastest speeds they had to be able to download the tv show and watch them ..

7. drs6222 macrumors newbie

Slingbox.

Connects to your cable box and home network, and you can access live local TV from your computer or phone anywhere in the US.

One of the coolest things I own.

8. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

EyeTV works well, it's what I use on my HTPC (so I use it fairly heavily). It's not perfect, especially in my scenario (where the wife gets pretty pissed when the program randomly locks up and doesn't tape the Biggest Loser), but on the whole I like it. I think the last couple builds have included a fair amount of backend changes which have led to a some instability that have required more frequent updates than usual, but on the whole I'm satisfied with the product.

9. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

in the uk, you can just use http://www.tvcatchup.com/ and... it's perfectly legal

people try to sell you "Online TV" on ebay, and TV on your phone/iphone/ipad, and all they are providing when you pay them is a link to tvcatchup.com

10. Queso macrumors G4

I use the EyeTV DTT stick. With a USB extension cable out the back of my iMac the stick itself sits inconspicuously behind furniture, and provides around 40-odd TV channels. It's a shame they don't currently offer an HD version for DVB-T2, but apparently they are working on it now that someone has released a low-power chipset.