watching tv shows on iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by blondee028, Nov 4, 2014.

1. blondee028 macrumors member

I have flash installed and for some reason ABC won't play and it has been verified with my cable company..I am using duck duck go (browser) Someone told me to download VLC to play all media/movies. Is anyone using this and is it safe to download?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, VLC is safe and a good app for playing multiple file types. I prefer Plex for managing and playing movies, TV shows, videos, etc.

3. blondee028 thread starter macrumors member

difference between the two

Whats the difference between plex tv and VLC? I just want to watch soaps on abc that have already aired.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If all you want to do is watch a few videos, VLC will work fine. It will play one video at a time, or you can create a playlist. Plex is more geared toward managing a library of movies and TV shows. It downloads movie/TV show posters, plot summaries, subtitles, etc. and presents it all in a user-friendly menu of posters. You can have the library hosted on one server, then play content on any smartphone, tablet or computer on your network. Spend some time on the Plex site to learn more.

5. glitch44 macrumors 65816

I think the previous posters that replied might've misunderstood your question. You're trying to watch streaming videos from ABC.com, right? Not downloaded videos (in which VLC or Plex might be good suggestions.)

I suggest you download and install the Google Chrome browser, because it has flash built into it that automatically updates itself to the newest Flash version.

6. blondee028 thread starter macrumors member

glitch44

Its not live steaming, its not available here in vegas. It the shows that were previously aired like the day or week before . I will try a different browser and see what happens...thanks!!!!!!!