watching WMV and other vids on macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by flyweed, Apr 27, 2011.

1. flyweed macrumors newbie

Guys, got a question. My main hobby is shooting fireworks, and I belong to a number of websites where all my "pyro friends" post videos of their various shoots. Ever since I have switched to a Macbook Pro, I always get "requires a plug in" on a couple of the sites, and I can't view the videos.

I get that message on both Firefox and Safari.

What do I need to install on my macbook Pro to be able to watch those videos seamlessly? I don't want to have to convert them...I just want to be able to click play, and they play.

Can anyone help.

Dan
    macbook newbie

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe Flip4Mac and Perian can help?
    Can you download them and watch them via VLC Player?

3. flyweed thread starter macrumors newbie

well. I just downloaded and installed flip4mac.....but when I still go the the video site in question it still says I need a "plug in" and it suggests "flip4mac"...so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong????? :confused:

4. simsaladimbamba

Can you provide the link to said website?

5. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

6. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Did you restart your browser? Install perian as well and you should be totally covered online. Well maybe flash and silverlight if you need that kind of thing.
    Keep VLC around for files that fail to play or have disjointed audio. Also, what's up with all the Macbook Pro postings lately?

7. Carl S. macrumors newbie

8. ShakyJay macrumors member

I keep VLC around for anything I have trouble with...but when I try to play something that I haven't downloaded I occasionally run into problems. Gotta love VLC and Flip though