Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BinkyTheToaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2023
It just doesn't. I use the Modular face, with the HR monitor as the large central one, and it'll say, "17 minutes ago" or "28 minutes ago". I actually tapped to update it manually, went back to the face, and it didn't even say "Right Now" it said "5 Minutes Ago" with a value that was 4BPM lower than the live sample I just took. What's up here? Some kind of fight to save battery power? The whole point of my purchase was that the watch had significant health monitors, and this behavior makes it essentially useless.

Rafagon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Don't be surprised. My AWU2 has been "loading weather" for the last 15 minutes.

IMG_9288.jpeg

A first for Apple Watch - inability to load the simplest of Complications.

A major step toward 2030 - maybe my weather will have finished loading by then.

IMG_9289.png

Rafagon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Yeah, I'm not counting on my AWU2 to call 911 in case of a car crash.

This bitch will get stuck on "Loading Phone App..."

And from the looks of it, I won't be counting on my 15 Pro Max (which is currently "preparing to ship") to call 911 in case of a car crash, either.

That bitch is gonna say, "Calling 911 On Hold. Calling 911 will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."

Tim Cook sucks.

Reactions: Itinj24

BinkyTheToaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2023
This is worse than the release of OSX 10.3.3, where ejecting an optical disk would invoke a kernel panic and the "grey screen of death." At least there, the issue was well-defined and specific, and 10.3.4 released about a week and a half later. There's no telling when the next point release to pretty much every single devices' software will drop.

Reactions: AstonSmith

herzozo

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2021
Hungary
Yes, this bug has been present since the first beta of WatchOS 10, I've reported it multiple times to no avail.

Everyone, please report it, contact support regarding so this gets fixed ASAP.

Firestorm007

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
My S4 Will only measure current heartbeat, it will not scroll to resting or walking average screens. It worked at first but had the dire battery life and shut down. After charging those screens were missing. I did a hard reset and they came back for a day. Then after the next charge battery life was better but those two screens have gone missing again! I tried to reset again but no change. Hope an update might restore it or should I try to unpair and start from scratch?

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
I think there's a broader issue with complications in general (not all, but many, including some Apple apps).

Weather complications in particular are frustrating me.

I've started checking daily for a Watch OS update. Crickets so far.

It has been difficult to isolate the problem. Unfortunately, I updated to the new OS 10 around the same time I upgraded to an iPhone 15 Pro (from a 12 Pro).

Reactions: herzozo

herzozo

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2021
Hungary
I think there's a broader issue with complications in general (not all, but many, including some Apple apps).

Weather complications in particular are frustrating me.

I've started checking daily for a Watch OS update. Crickets so far.

It has been difficult to isolate the problem. Unfortunately, I updated to the new OS 10 around the same time I upgraded to an iPhone 15 Pro (from a 12 Pro).
Yes, I suspected the same. My theory is this has to do with the removal of the dock and I suppose they removed the whole thing internally and the system is no longer able to keep certain apps running in the background. Such as Weather or Heart rate, and that those apps closing stop the complication updates as well.
I wonder how close or far this theory is to reality.

Reactions: Awimoway

BinkyTheToaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2023
Oddly, the longer the runtime on mine (between power-off/on), the better the response. At this point it's closer to the prior behavior, sometimes even matching it.

herzozo

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2021
Hungary
Oddly, the longer the runtime on mine (between power-off/on), the better the response. At this point it's closer to the prior behavior, sometimes even matching it.
Okay, that defies my theory. For me there’s no susch difference, could be because I just can’t stop myself opening the app every hour or so.

BinkyTheToaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2023
On further examination and analysis, I take it back. I'd been sampling more frequently and been so busy/distracted I was forgetting I'd done it. So no change.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
I just successfully revived my Weather complications by force quitting and reopening the Weather app on my phone.

Update: It didn't last for long.

Last edited:
  • Sad

herzozo

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2021
Hungary
Seems to finally be fixed in 10.1 beta 3. Even after a night’s sleep it’s showing up to date measurements now.

BinkyTheToaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2023
It seems the behavior is that it's always one update behind; pulling up the app will A) show the most recent sample, and B) cause the complication to display same.

Carrotcruncher

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2019
Yeah this has been busted since iOS 10 was originally released as a beta noticed it on the first day that it wasn't working right and I reported it over and over again on every edition and all it says in the feedback is more than 10 fix to be pushed out at a later update so they know it's happened they've released a watch a new watch which they've charged top dollar for they know there's a fix and they still haven't pushed it out so I'd had a rant at l them in the feedback and asked them why despite knowing that there's a fix and despite having us all beta testing it they didn't push the fix out I don't understand the mentality Apple and this is why I moved away the Garmin because I just don't think this company gives a crap as long as we're paying the money. Someone should email Tim Apple and ask him why the watch OS team are just so bad at the job compared to everybody else, if Tim wants to know why sales are down at Apple perhaps he should look at the watch OS team who apparently have fixes for all these bugs but never push them out.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I noticed this right away after updating this weekend. My current heart rate complication says "1 day ago" because it hasn't updated more than a few times since updating my watch. Now it's been an entire day, even after a restart!

• Sad

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
The 10.1.1 update seems to have fixed the complication issue not updating for the heart rate!

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Mine has been updating more regularly at least. Not as often as before, but more often than never. :p

• Wow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.