watchOS 2.2.1 beta 1 and workout

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by john991, Apr 9, 2016.

1. john991 macrumors 6502a

so I finished my elliptical workout hit finish on the watch and the little man icon was still there. (I waited for a long time) went into the activity app on both the watch and iPhone where it showed my calories burnt for today's workout. The little man icon still there rebooted the watch and iPhone thinking it would get rid of the man icon which it did. BUT my elliptical workout doesn't show up! The calories burnt, workout time show up. :( so I went into the activity app on the watch under elliptical it shows yesterday's workout.

Anyone else have this issue?

I had to manually add the elliptical workout in the health data but it doesn't show up on the iPhone activity app. It does show up in myfitnesspal and cardiogram.

Any idea how to add it in the activity app on the iPhone?

Thanks.

2. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

You can't add workouts to the activity app; you have to record the workout as you do it. I'm thinking the workout never finished, since the icon was showing the entire time. Sometimes you can force touch and then press "End" but it doesn't take. Either that or it's a bug in the beta software.

3. john991 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My guess it's a bug. But at least it recorded my workout time so I keep my run of 90 consecutive days intact!