WatchOS 2 beta 3, no HR during workout?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by smurray, Jul 13, 2015.

1. smurray macrumors regular

Installed WatchOS 2 beta 3 on my watch last week. One thing I noticed is that the HR monitor doesn't seem to record anything during a workout. I've tested both with an outdoor run and an "other" workout. Both times it will say "measuring" the whole time but never actually report anything. Looking at workout history confirms that nothing is recorded during the workout. I know this is a beta, and I'm not complaining. I'm just curious if others have noticed this as well. HR reports fine via the glance when not in a workout.

2. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

With mine, even though it doesn't list the heart rate while you're working out, it actually saves it and you can see your heart rate in the Health app. But you're right, it doesn't get listed while you're working out and that is a bug.

3. smurray thread starter macrumors regular

I just double checked my workout from today and it isn't showing any heart rate data for me. Attached is a screenshot. [​IMG]

4. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Yes hello this is Tech Support. Have you verified that your heart is actually connected? I'd like you to restart your heart by pressing and holding the reset button for about ten seconds and then letting go. If that does not work, try unplugging your heart, and then re-plugging it again, then run a firmware update. Note that when performing these steps you will lose consciousness, and will have to call us back again later if you need further assistance.

You're welcome!
    :D

5. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Do people not read release notes when installing beta software?

https://developer.apple.com/library...asenotes/General/RN-watchOSSDK-2.0/index.html

Right under 'HealthKit'

I would recommend reading the release notes in general though when dealing with Apple beta software. Apple offers workarounds for some of them if possible.

6. smurray thread starter macrumors regular

Actually I did read that and it does not exactly describe the issue I'm having. During my workout I specifically pulled up the hr data screen and, no matter how long I left the screen on, it never said anything other than "measuring".

7. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yes, that's the known issue.

No one has their HR displaying in the workout app (it works only inside Glances), you can see that in Apple's devforums too.

The HR should still be collected though. If I go to the Health app on the iPhone, I see the heart rate data it collected during the workout. It just doesn't display it during the workout.

8. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

it's a known issue

9. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

Hey, I was actually talking about the Health app. Like the part where you tap on heart rate and it gives you a very long list of readings, minute-by-minute. That part at least seems to work for me and, while it's not very convenient, it'll still work if you want to know your minimum and maximum heart rates.

10. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I'm not using the watch beta, but I am on the OS9 public beta. Is it a known issue for the average heart rate not to show in the workouts when paired with an external chest strap?

11. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yes, the release notes mention the HR won't be shown with a bluetooth accessory too. Known issue.

12. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Thanks - I was a little confused.