watchOS 2 still slow

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by zetaplus93, Nov 12, 2015.

1. zetaplus93 macrumors regular

Seems that many people are finding watchOS 2 has sped things up.

But for my watch (38mm SS), it still seems slow sporadically (say 5-10% of the time). It's the built-in capabilities like swiping through glances (calendar, what's playing now, maps), switching between the fitness app and the watch face, launching apps like timer, and for activating Siri.

For swiping through glances, it's feels like it's "stuck" and moves slowly to the next glance. For launching the timer and not built in apps, there's a lag of about 1-2s for it to be able to do anything. For activation Siri, slow is having said my command, but the Siri "wave" is processing it and takes 3-10s to turn my voice into commands and have the text show on the screen (this could be due to slow network connections I suppose).

So, my question is, for those of you who find watchOS 2 faster, are you still experiencing this?

And any tips on making the watch run faster? I reboot the watch every few days (by holding down the side button and swiping it to power off)...

2. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I have a 42mm SS running watchOS2 and have the heart rate, battery, my calendar, activity rings, weather, 3rd party TuneIn app as my current Glances. I can flip through them quickly although I haven't put a stop watch to them either LOL. Don't notice any "real" lag that would make me. For me, Siri is pretty responsive too, no big delay, as long as you wake up the face first and then give Siri your voice command (guess she likes to sleep in too) and I think the processing to text is pretty fast. My alarm, stopwatch and timer all come up pretty much just as quickly when I go from the watch face to the app on the watch. Don't notice a delay.

You should not be rebooting your watch every few days. Don't think mine has been rebooted since the last update. I will mention that I am on 2.0 and haven't gotten around to uploading 2.0.1.

Guess I can also mention that we have a good wifi connection at home, and my phone is in my purse next to me while I did this. I'm thinking both would factor in to the responsiveness but that's a guess.

If you have an Apple Store nearby or have other friends with a Watch, it might be nice to check how things compare in person with people wearing their Watches at the same place as you.

3. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

I would recommend playing with that apps you have loaded, in glances, etc.. Some of the apps are crap, and that is probably why you are getting lag. I am quite happy with mine, and have quite a few apps loaded. I frequently change what's in my glance list based on what I'm doing. If I'm not traveling, I ditch the travel related stuff. When baseball season ended I removed MLB. I don't think I've ever rebooted my watch.

4. zetaplus93 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. I only have Overcast as a glance, and 2-3 other 3rd party apps loaded as well ( no glances though). Guess I should check out some AW in the store to see how they are...

5. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

At any point in time I have close to the max available glances loaded... and always over 10. The only delay I've seen is the maps glance if I don't scroll over it quickly it can sometimes lag. Now some of them don't load that quickly, but it doesn't stop me from scrolling over them. I usually delete them from the watch if I find they don't load quickly more than once or twice.