watchOS 3.1.1 install?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ARK, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ARK macrumors 6502

I was just prompted yesterday (1/10/16) to download watchOS 3.1.1. In doing so on my iPhone and hitting install it came up that it couldn't be verified because I was not connected to the internet.

I never got the prompt to install 3.1.1 in December. So did anyone else get this? Is this the replacement 3.1.1 or the old one? Either way I can't install it.

2. klymr macrumors 65816

I'd guess it's the old one. I just checked on my phone and it says that my watch on 3.1 is up to date.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Watch OS 3.1.1 was pulled from Apple's servers. That update is no longer available and that's why you are not able to install it on your Apple Watch. The only update at this point is 3.1 or the beta.

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Wasn't that the one that was bricking watches?

5. Relentless Power, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

3.1.1 was bricking some devices upon release. Apple pulled it quickly after reports were surfacing of bricking it. Rumors were it was affecting Series 2 mainly, perhaps the GPS was causing it. But I don't believe that was confirmed.

6. CobraPA, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017

CobraPA macrumors 6502a

I've got an original Apple Watch on 3.1.1 that seemed to be fine, however, today I tried to power cycle it and found it doesn't seem to respond to long presses on the side buttons. I can't seem to get to the power menu at all currently.

edit: fixed by killing the watch with both buttons and rebooting. So maybe not a 3.1.1 issue.

7. ARK thread starter macrumors 6502

Just strange that it was pulled over a month ago and suddenly my Watch app on my iPhone just notified me there was an update. Seems like it shouldn't have even given me a notification.