watchOS 3.1: lag/stutter on Emoji-picker still

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by VSG, Oct 26, 2016.

1. VSG macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I've had my hopes up for watchOS 3.1 when it comes to the incredible lag/stutter on the Emoji-picker. That has been present since watchOS 3 even on the series 2 watch.

When you reply to a message and select the Emoji, scrolling through the recently used-section is so laggy, it's almost useless. Jumping to a different section and scrolling there works fine, but even scrolling upward through the recently used results in horrendous stutter/lag.

Since I'm not on the watchOS beta-programm I can't report it there, but I'll file a bug report via feedback if I'm not the only one with this problem.

Anyone else having this issue?
    How come this hasn't been fixed? Should be obvious to anyone in my opinion.

Best regards,
    VSG

2. angrytoothbrush macrumors regular

angrytoothbrush

I've experienced this issue out of the box with my AWS2 and its initial pairing with the iphone 6 plus, however when my iPhone 7 Plus came in I fixed it accidently doing the following steps and never experienced the issue again. If i do expereince lag on the crown, I have discovered that my arm hair is actually getting caught in the wheel and its not spinning like i think it is. lol
    1. Reset keyboard dictionary in iPhone settings (in my case just get the new phone and set up off previous backup but this is whats driving your problem)
    2. Reboot the iPhone
    3. Unpair Apple Watch
    4. Pair Apple Watch again and restore from backup

3. VSG thread starter macrumors regular

Hi there!

And thanks for your reply! But unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem.
    And I think to know where the problem is: Resetting the keyboard dictionary doesn't reset the recently used emoji-cache?!

Any idea how to clear out the cache other than that?
    Best regards,
    VSG

4. angrytoothbrush macrumors regular

angrytoothbrush

Hmmm well if you went through all the steps and your problem is persisting then I am not sure what the approach should be. The only other thing I can suggest is "reset all settings" along with the keyboard. This will clear the recent emojis as well. then complete the following steps as you did before.

I know its a hassle to go through reboots and repairings, but this is the only steps shown to fix this issue