WatchOS 3 Beta 2 Running Auto Pause Not Working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bob190, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Bob190 macrumors 6502

Has anyone else using the WatchOS 3 Beta 2 had experience with using running auto-pause. Apparently if you turn it on in the phone Watch app, the Workout application should pause when it doesn't detect movement in both the Indoor and Outdoor Running workout type.

I have tried both Indoor and Outdoor runs, it it doesn't pause automatically. Have also tried unpairing/repairing and it had no effect.

Anyone have experience with it working correctly?

2. Trigeeks macrumors member

Trigeeks

3. Bob190 thread starter macrumors 6502

I still can't get auto pause to work, but found this bit of information on this site that alone makes WatchOS 3 a major improvement for runners especially...

"Pressing on the Digital Crown and the side button during a workout will also allow a workout to be paused."

The method of pausing a run above works great.

4. gman901 macrumors 6502a

Can you run without the iPhone attached to your body now? Does the Nike app work independently?

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You can and could always run without your iPhone attached with a few limitations. As for using 3ed party apps, they won't be updated to take full advantage of iOS10/wOS3 until after they launch. Nike+ hasn't been updated since before the iOS10/wOS3 announcement anyway.

6. originalmagneto macrumors member

originalmagneto

The auto pause feature worked in Beta 1, but stopped working in Beta 2. I guess it is being worked on and will be available in later builds (maybe even today when Beta 3 drops).

7. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

This is fixed in beta 3 according to the release notes.

8. Bob190 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can confirm it now works in beta 3.