Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I know it's beta software, just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Since updating my watch to beta 2, sending a text with Siri causes the message to be sent to a random contact, and it's the same contact every time. I deleted this contact, and the watch picked another one. I've tried unpairing and re-pairing as new to no avail. The only thing I haven't done is restore my phone to iOS 10 beta 2 for a fresh install, which I'll be doing tomorrow. Has anyone else seen this?

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Wow that's weird. Sending fine for me. I'm running beta 2 of iOS 10 and watchOS 3.

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
I know it's beta software, just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Since updating my watch to beta 2, sending a text with Siri causes the message to be sent to a random contact, and it's the same contact every time. I deleted this contact, and the watch picked another one. I've tried unpairing and re-pairing as new to no avail. The only thing I haven't done is restore my phone to iOS 10 beta 2 for a fresh install, which I'll be doing tomorrow. Has anyone else seen this?

Yup, I have it too. It's an ugly bug. Such is beta life.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Mine since the latest beta has been sending as an SMS to "null" whenever I ask it to send to someone else. It recognizes the contact I said, but then just creates a new conversation with "null" and sends it there. Now, "null" has no phone numbers so then Sprint sends me an SMS saying my text couldn't send because it was a recognizable number or format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.