watchOS 3 Beta - Not Loading Custom Watch Faces

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Haxley, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Haxley macrumors regular

Haxley

Sorry if this has already been posted before, but I couldn't find it by searching.

Most of the time, after I restart my watch, it either takes hours for my custom watch faces to load, or they never load at all. Yes, I'm talking about custom watch faces, not complications.

Is there any consistent fix for this? It seems like sometimes when I restart (soft and hard) my watch, it works and they load! But the restart working seems to be hit or miss.

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Have you updated to beta 3? That was a bug with beta 2 and it's been fixed for me and I've seen some others have the same experience of it being fixed in beta 3.

3. Haxley thread starter macrumors regular

Haxley

Yeah I have dev beta 3 on the watch, but I did switch to public beta 2 for the phone when it came out

4. zhaoxin, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

zhaoxin macrumors regular

I don't know if we are talking the same thing. I lost all my configured watch faces today. I got up and found all configured faces are gone. Defaults faces replaced mine. I did nothing, but charged it all night.

------------------

My watch faces are back after minutes. Now I am sure we are talking the same issue.

5. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I had issues where the face on the watch didn't match the faces on the watch app on the phone. I deleted all the faces on the watch itself and rebooted both the watch and the phone. Then it seemed to be ok

6. zhaoxin macrumors regular

I just checked. Mine on both sides are the same.

7. Haxley thread starter macrumors regular

Haxley

Mine custom faces stay in the watch's iPhone app. I Never had the heart to delete and remake them for a fix but luckily they eventually show up... at least after a restart or two :confused:

8. tonyunreal macrumors regular

tonyunreal

I lost all custom watch faces upon upgrading to watchOS 3 beta 3 from watchOS 2.2.2. Phone has been iOS 10 beta 3 before the watch upgrade, could this be the reason?

When I set up new watch faces, the photo album one didn't work, always show a black background.

9. zhaoxin macrumors regular

No. I am exact the same route as you in upgrading, iPhone from 9.3.2 to 10 beta 3, watch from 2.2.2 to 3 beta 3. But I am not encounter long time taking watch face loading until one week after.

I suggest you unpair you watch and set it as a new iPhone. step:

1 in watch app on iPhone, choose unpair.
    2 after the progress finishes, in your watch, long tap and choose reset you watch.
    3 if your watch halts, hold the crown and the key below together and until your watch power off. Then reopen it, do step 2
    4 pair you watch with you iPhone as a new watch and see what happens.

10. zhaoxin macrumors regular

Did you encounter this again in beta 4? I haven't so far.