watchOS 4.1 Beta 2 Bug Fixes, Changes and Improvements

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

rstark18

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Release Date — October 9, 2017
Build Number — 15R5835d

New Features & Changes
  • Wi-Fi toggle in Control Center (Series 3 GPS + Cellular only)
  • Network name will now appear when Apple Watch is on WiFi without iPhone (Series 3 GPS + Cellular only)
  • New emoji
Remaining Issues
New Issues

• Tapping the add button (+) always prompts the user to turn on iCloud Music Library. (34807099)
Resolved Issues
  • Activity no longer fails to remind you to stand 10 minutes before an hour in which you have not stood. (34351941)
  • App notifications forwarded from iPhone to Apple Watch now show their app icon. (34533288)
  • The ESPN station now plays in Radio (33319434)
  • The Radio app now supports Cellular connections. (34422913)
  • Siri speaks settings are now shown in Settings > General > Siri. (34521856)

Last edited by SoN1NjA:

nippyjun

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2007
Network name will now appear when Apple Watch is on WiFi without iPhone:
where does the network name appear?

garethjs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
Can someone pls tell me if opening an unread imessage still jumps to the middle (or end) of the predetermined smart replies the minute the message is opened?!?

Last edited:

bizzy045

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
Still no fix for breathe notifications?
Please tell me this has been fixed. It’s driving me crazy! I spend way more of the day than I like to admit looking at my watch and thinking/stressing about why I’m not getting breathe reminders when I should be.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2014
I have had terrible battery life on this beta with my series 2. It seems that something is stuck pulling location data, and it is draining the battery.

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Could anyone check when you're using Timer through Siri, does it stay at Timer app or back to watch face like in OS3?

TheWizard80

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Earth
Does anybody know if the faint blue line appears in the stand part of the activity app when a new hour has started? Been missing on my S2 since I upgraded to OS4.

Reactions: bizzy045

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
Battery has been great for me. I’ve been up for 14 hours. Used it for a one hour workout with music, notifications all day as well as listening to music for about an hour. Going to bed now with 65% remaining. I have a Series 3 LTE which is not activated.

bizzy045

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
Glad to see that the app icons are working again.

Can anyone with this beta confirm if they set their breathe reminders to 10 reminders they are getting 10 throughout the day. Bug seems to be that people including myself get one or two maybe a day..sometimes none.
[doublepost=1507685171][/doublepost]
Does anybody know if the faint blue line appears in the stand part of the activity app when a new hour has started? Been missing on my S2 since I upgraded to OS4.
I noticed this as well. Wasn’t sure if this was a bug or intended change.

garethjs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
Can someone comment about Apple Music on beta 2

Is everything just well synced and appears exactly like how it is on the phone?

I have missing coverart on my heavy rotation playlist although on my iPhone it’s all there with 4.0.1 so I’m hoping Apple Music will fix this

Last edited:

tonyau

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
Cross posted in general Watch thread, but sits better here...
As far as I know, if the watch is not able to connect to the phone via bluetooth, it will then connect to the phone via wifi. So I figured that if the watch can't connect to the phone at all (its switched off or out of range) it will then connect to wifi (2.4ghz) and display the SSID. That's not happening for me. If I am out of range of the phone at home the watch just shows the little red X, and will not connect to Wifi. If I disconnect bluetooth the same happens and I get disconnected from wifi altogether and little red X is displayed. Even when connected to the phone and out of bluetooth range I still do not see the SSID – I thought that it would. I’m using Apple Watch s3.

tonyau

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
So I have got a bit closer- my modem/router is connected to Apple xtreme and an asus router both in bridged mode and using the same ssid. When I switch the phone off the watch should connect to wifi but it doesn’t. I enabled wifi on the modem/router and the watch did connect to that and displayed the ssid. For some reason it won’t connect to the existing setup.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2016
the pool
Please do not copy the release notes and insert them into the post, the post is a place to share our personal feedback

Am glad this was started though

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2014
I have had terrible battery life on this beta with my series 2. It seems that something is stuck pulling location data, and it is draining the battery.
My battery life has since improved. It seems like whatever was stuck pulling location services all the time, has fixed itself. I am very happy with this update.

anticipate

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2013
My battery life is much improved on B2
[doublepost=1507735266][/doublepost]My battery life is much improved on B2.. in general tethered to phone via BT use. I was down only 15% after a few hours.

Running alone, on GPS and LTE, it's another story.

I took the watch out alone with airpods in the city for 2.5 hours yesterday, which included one quick 3 min phone call, 1.5 hours of time on Wifi at the gym with workouts and about and hour with music and LTE on. LTE was weak much of the journey, on the subway.

I lost 50% (!) battery in that time. Like your phone, if you have weak LTE signals on your journey it will burn through battery quick. Another time I did this outdoors for an hour it lost 30%. Figure on about 25% an hour when running workouts with GPS & airpods and/or LTE.

In realistic use, running the AW S3-LTE with the phone nearby, you can get almost two days tethered with no workouts or LTE/GPS use.

Add in some wifi use and 1 hour of exercise + 3 hours existing for notifications on LTE... you can still get through a day. It's tight though. I'll charge at my desk for 30 min just before I leave to ensure the watch is topped off for those night workouts without the phone.

bthompson

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
Interesting. I am seeing a pretty quick battery drain on my S3 with beta 2. Bummer. And I am getting double email notifications which stinks.

mitchellsx

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2017
Cross posted in general Watch thread, but sits better here...
As far as I know, if the watch is not able to connect to the phone via bluetooth, it will then connect to the phone via wifi. So I figured that if the watch can't connect to the phone at all (its switched off or out of range) it will then connect to wifi (2.4ghz) and display the SSID. That's not happening for me. If I am out of range of the phone at home the watch just shows the little red X, and will not connect to Wifi. If I disconnect bluetooth the same happens and I get disconnected from wifi altogether and little red X is displayed. Even when connected to the phone and out of bluetooth range I still do not see the SSID – I thought that it would. I’m using Apple Watch s3.

I’ve got this same problem, my Apple Watch would connect to wifi networks easily before beta 2, now it won’t connect at all. I’ve tried all the solutions but no joy yet

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
How do I stream Apple Music on 4.1?

It only shows me synced music... what’s up with that? I can’t find any setting to change it.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.