Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SackboyDad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
maybe I missed this in the release notes.... I can get WatchOS 4.1B1 to show all the songs that I’ve selected to be in my Apple Music library, I’ve even managed to find the radio channels..... but I can’t see to find a wat to search for a new song (that’s part of Apple Music but not added to my library).

Is this not possible, am I just not looking in the right place, or is it just there yet?

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
maybe I missed this in the release notes.... I can get WatchOS 4.1B1 to show all the songs that I’ve selected to be in my Apple Music library, I’ve even managed to find the radio channels..... but I can’t see to find a wat to search for a new song (that’s part of Apple Music but not added to my library).

Is this not possible, am I just not looking in the right place, or is it just there yet?
I believe you have to use Siri

SackboyDad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Now this may be because of the beta, but Siri sucks again. On 4.0GM Siri wasn’t too bad, but under 4.1B1 all I get now is the “Please wait.... I’ll tap you when I’m done.” And it never does. It just times out.

porkrind

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
Just as a data point, I’m on 4.1b1 and so far Siri still works for me.

Edit: to make sure I didn’t just pull that out of my ass, I turned off my phone and asked a few different times for artists I knew I didn’t have on my watch or in my library*. It worked 4 out of 5 times. The fifth time Siri tried, but but said she was having trouble with the request.

What I noticed that really confuses me: Now Playing shows what I asked for and am hearing on my headphones. The Music app still shows as paused whatever I Last queued up manually, even if I navigate back to the 'top' of the Music app and tap on Now Playing there. That's ****ed up.

*which means I listed to Foreigner for you guys. Don’t ever say I don't sacrifice for others.

Last edited:

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Can someone share how I can install 4.1 beta? I have AW3 cellular with 4.0. I want to try music streaming. I do have an old developer's account I haven't signed into for a long long time until today. I don't see watchOS beta (probably cause Apple knows I obtained the developer's account years ago in order to get an early release of OS X?).

porkrind

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
Can someone share how I can install 4.1 beta? I have AW3 cellular with 4.0. I want to try music streaming. I do have an old developer's account I haven't signed into for a long long time until today. I don't see watchOS beta (probably cause Apple knows I obtained the developer's account years ago in order to get an early release of OS X?).

Well, you have to have an active, paid up developer account. Then you go to the WatchOS downloads page and download the beta profile, selecting your watch as the destination. Then you just follow the rest of the instructions.

Reactions: dave006

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Well, you have to have an active, paid up developer account. Then you go to the WatchOS downloads page and download the beta profile, selecting your watch as the destination. Then you just follow the rest of the instructions.

Ok please excuse my lack of knowledge. How much is the fee nowadays?

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Just search for watchOS 4 beta profile online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.