watchOS 4.3 beta 1 issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mclarendude2, Jan 27, 2018.

1. mclarendude2 macrumors regular

I have my Apple watch series 2 and I am on watch os 4.3 beta 1 is anyone having battery issues or issues with flashlight not working like I am

2. newtestleper macrumors 6502

Probably. You know why that might be. (That’s a statement, not a question.)

3. mclarendude2 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I have noticed that it’s not showing the same percent on my watch as it does on the battery indicator on my iPhone and I feel like it’s only changing every 5 percent not every percent like it will stay at 90% battery then won’t change until to 85% and now my phone shows it at 83% battery and my watch is still at 85% I have also restarted my watch a couple times to see if it fixes it I will try charging my watch fully tonight and see if that fixes the problem but as far as the flash light goes it looks like then I turn it on on my watch the screen does get brighter like it should be doing when flash light is opened up that might be just a beta bug but idk

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Make sure to file an BR so Apple can check before the next release. That is what testing is all about.

5. itegypt macrumors 6502a

itegypt

I always wait for B2/3 to upgrade since you can't go back once it's on the watch but does the wOSruns any faster than 4.2?

6. macdragonfl macrumors 6502a

macdragonfl

I would do a hard reset. On both the AW and your iPhone. If no improvement then unpair restore and repair.

7. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I’m also on the 4.3 beta but I’m not having battery issues or flashlight problems. I’m using a Series 3.

8. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I can't make it through 12 hours with 4.3. I am going to try a hard reset. Prior to 4.3 I could make it all through the day and night, except if I did a lot of driving with GPS going.

9. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

So here is a follow up. I did a hard reset , and this morning at about 7 when I put my watch on I was at 100% battery, by 8:15 it was at 85%. I am in the process of a factory reset now.

10. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

So if anyone else is having this issue, it does appear that a factory reset worked. I did restore from backup and battery life appears to be fixed. Will know for sure tomorrow.

11. Andrew Apple macrumors newbie

Did it stop doing the 90% to 85% still?

12. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Yes, but it removed the Dev profile. I had to go back and add it again.

13. Andrew Apple macrumors newbie

Ok. I am still having the same problem with my battery on my apple watch series 1 i unpaired my apple watch and repaired it but it didn’t work. Should i reset it?

14. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Reset worked for me, why not give it a go

15. Andrew Apple macrumors newbie

Ok
    --- Post Merged, Feb 12, 2018 ---
    I finished reseting it and it didn’t work. The 90% to 85% battery problem is still there. After i restored from back up i still had watchos 4.3 beta 2 still installed. Any thoughts on what other things i can do to fix it or should i wait for watchos 4.3 beta 3?

P.S. i already filed a beta feedback report to apple like a week ago when beta 1 was out.

16. Stonechenrock macrumors newbie

Stonechenrock

for me the first 2 days or so after an update the watch battery life is always terrible, but it becomes better. Might be lots of syncing with the phone. Try putting in on a charger and leave it connected to phone for a while.