WatchOS 4 new pair method and Apple Watch basics

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Prozak0820, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Prozak0820, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

Prozak0820 macrumors regular

Prozak0820

so I restored both my iPhone and Apple Watch both running iOS 11 and watchOS 4 and noticed something when I restored the watch. When you restore it it says bring iPhone near Apple Watch.

edit: never mind it just opens the Apple Watch app then you have to pair the normal way

edit 2: well I found more during the process of setting the watch up. while you wait for your Apple Watch to be set up they have an Apple Watch Basics where you can learn how to use the display, Digital Crown and side button

Attached Files:

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Nice. The way the AirPods pair with iPhone is so seamless. If it's just as easy as you're saying, that is much more efficient to pair. But the AirPods connect by just opening the battery case with Bluetooth enabled, they connect immediately to the iPhone. Its that simple.

3. Prozak0820 thread starter macrumors regular

Prozak0820

I think I got to excited. Maybe they're going to add it in a later beta which would be awesome. all it did was open the Apple Watch app and I had to pair it with the camera pointing at the display

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I'm not a beta tester, but that would be an interesting picture if they added it.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Think this is just they try to solve the way people don't know how to open Watch app lol.

6. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Never restored my Watch, is the process painful?

7. Diemenz macrumors newbie

Are you saying that you restored your iPhone back to iOS 10 and your watch back to watch0s 3?

8. Prozak0820 thread starter macrumors regular

Prozak0820

Not really. I mean it takes a bit to restore. But it’s quite easy to get through the process. Took me like 20min to get everything done plus the apps installed.

9. antnee macrumors regular

I think he means restored it to the beta versions..

10. besnfrd macrumors member

besnfrd