Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EddyVE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
The color Watch face on my iPhone is different than the face on the Watch 3 with WatchOS 5.1 beta. On top the face on the watch, below the face that I choose on the iPhone.

IMG_7303.JPG
IMG_7304.JPG

moiety

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
The color Watch face on my iPhone is different than the face on the Watch 3 with WatchOS 5.1 beta. On top the face on the watch, below the face that I choose on the iPhone.
View attachment 786672

My dude, Eddy, buddy. This isn’t a support forum for watchOS betas, and no one from Apple will see your concern or respond to it. Either use the official beta feedback tools to file a bug report, or don’t run developer betas on your watch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know what beta means, right? It’s not done cookin’. Stuff is gonna be broken. Not just this watch face. More stuff. When you least expect it. And no one here can fix it for you.

Reactions: tromboneaholic

EddyVE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
My dude, Eddy, buddy. This isn’t a support forum for watchOS betas, and no one from Apple will see your concern or respond to it. Either use the official beta feedback tools to file a bug report, or don’t run developer betas on your watch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know what beta means, right? It’s not done cookin’. Stuff is gonna be broken. Not just this watch face. More stuff. When you least expect it. And no one here can fix it for you.

Hey “buddy “ , of course I know what a beta means. I may be probably longer in IT TtHan you are living. That’s said, let me explain this post. First of all I wanted to know if someone else had similar experiences, but secondly I will post it to Apple too.

Dionysus2112

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2011
I have the same issues and it’s not beta, 5.1 is an official release. The new color watch face on 5.1 is bugged, regardless of the 3 choices for the new color watch face, it just adds the dial in the color rather then the full color screen or circular color in the watch app. Btw this is on a stainless series 4.

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
I have the same issues and it’s not beta, 5.1 is an official release.

Nonsense. It is not an "official release", right now watchOS 5.1 is at beta 1 (and a developer beta only, as with all watchOS betas).

Introduced in watchOS 5.1 beta 1 is a new Style option for the Color face that changes it from the usual dial to a solid color dial, and on Series 4 watches there's an additional Style option that changes it to full screen.

Occasionally during the betas (especially if you aren't running the latest beta on both the iPhone and the Watch) there are issues where the options you select for Faces in the Watch app on iPhone don't sync correctly to the Watch. The same thing has happened in the past when new colors are added and the devices aren't both running the latest versions.

Reactions: Peter K.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015

Love the unnecessary condescending tone

Reactions: Peter K.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Nonsense. It is not an "official release", right now watchOS 5.1 is at beta 1 (and a developer beta only, as with all watchOS betas).

Introduced in watchOS 5.1 beta 1 is a new Style option for the Color face that changes it from the usual dial to a solid color dial, and on Series 4 watches there's an additional Style option that changes it to full screen.

Occasionally during the betas (especially if you aren't running the latest beta on both the iPhone and the Watch) there are issues where the options you select for Faces in the Watch app on iPhone don't sync correctly to the Watch. The same thing has happened in the past when new colors are added and the devices aren't both running the latest versions.
Maybe they mean 5.0.1 instead of 5.1?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.