watchOS 5.2 & Brightness

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by doccho, Mar 29, 2019.

1. doccho macrumors newbie

AW Series 4 Nike, received 10/17/19.

Just updated 5.2 and found that brightness is different from my previous set, which was at mid on the slide.

Upon changing the slide up and down, I noticed that brightness is set on the maximum and never changes.

Anyone having the same issue?

2. Significant1 macrumors 6502a

oh, you are from the future :-D

If you are in bright daylight, it might be the lightsensor turning up the brightness.

Mine works fine (40mm Series 4 Nike).

3. doccho thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha. It was 10/17/18. :)

The reason I noticed it was that I found the issue at night. It was too bright while I was at bed; so I checked the setting and tried to change the slide if it lowers the brightness.

I also tried to restart my watch, but it’s the same maxed brightness.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2019 ---
    I also noticed that the brightness of mine was maxed while it sits night stand mode at night.

If it is not about watchOS 5.2, I’d better check with Apple service.

4. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

The brightness on my Series 4 changes instantly when I adjust the slider. I think your sensor went bad. Time for a repair.

5. doccho thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried to unpair and re-pair with my iPhone, and it was resolved. (so, a new watch name added up to the Source in Health app, which I hate.)
    Set as a new watch, the slider worked fine. Then, I restored my previous backup, and it also worked well.
    Thank you all replied to this.

6. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

TBH I'd have preferred this behaviour. I have my watch brightness on full and I wish it would stay on full all the time instead of "full but I'll change when I feel like it".

I'd prefer Apple to add an auto-brightness toggle to WatchOS.

7. EP007 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm having the same problem, I set the watch to the lowest brightness level but it keep changing as it set to Auto-Brightness...
    I tried to unpair and re-pair with my iPhone, but this didn't fix my problem :(
    Any other suggestions?