WatchOS 5.2 Not updating read message count

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Eurisko2, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Eurisko2 macrumors newbie

Eurisko2

On my Watch series 4, I have a compilation that has the little iMessage icon on the screen.

Previously, that count would follow my phone, If it said 7 on the icon, I could go through and read the messages on my phone, and then look back at my watch, and that number would drop and clear off the icon. That's how it's always worked on my phone.

However, since upgrading to 5.2, I have to go open each and every message on my watch also (even though I have now read them all on my phone) to get that count to clear.

Rebooting my phone & watch has not resolved the issue. I have yet to try re-pairing.

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and if they have found a resolution, or if this is just a defect in WatchOS 5.2

2. Eurisko2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eurisko2

I just tried unpairing my phone, and re-pairing it. Same behavior, I can read all of my imessages on my phone, but they still all show as unread on my watch. This started with the 5.2 update. Anyone have any ideas?

3. Whtmsting macrumors newbie

Whtmsting

--- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2019 ---
    I am having the exact same issue since the most recent update. I have tried the same unpair/re-pair without success.

4. Eurisko2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eurisko2

Glad I’m not the only one. It’s driving me crazy.

5. Whtmsting macrumors newbie

Whtmsting

Which phone and watch model do you have? I have the XS with a series 3 w/ LTE. Similar?

6. Eurisko2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eurisko2

I have the XS Max w/Apple Watch Series 4 w/LTE

7. user1234 macrumors 6502a

user1234

I have issues with messages being out of sync between the phone and watch. For example, I can receive a message at, say, 9 am on my phone, and read it right away. Not showing on my watch. At 9:10 am I may put my watch in airplane mode, and an hour later, still in airplane mode, I get the message notification on my watch...

8. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I cant say that I have had any issues with my iPhone XS Max and AW4

9. Eurisko2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eurisko2

I'm having that issue as well. I never experienced any of this until IOS 12.2 and Watch OS 5.2 though.

10. user1234 macrumors 6502a

user1234

I had it before as well. Hoped it would be solved with those updates but no...

11. Eurisko2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eurisko2

What's more frustrating, if I read a message on my watch, it DOES clear the read notifications on my phone. It really makes no sense. I tried setting it up as a new watch last night, same issue. /sigh