watchos 5.3 issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mrex, Jul 31, 2019.

1. mrex macrumors 68040

mrex

Has anyone else noticed issues with the newest watchos and aw4?

- after the update, my airpods (1gen) takes long time to connect with the watch.
    - - when ever i use airpods, my watch always shows me a connection screen to choose which bt devices i would like to connect (airpods are the only one though) but then the watch connects to airpods automatically. it takes time and that wont happen all the time, sometimes i need to manually choose airpods from the list.

- the watch drops out the connection between my airpods and the watch: when im out for exercizing and i leave my phone home i use my watch to listen music. everytime i come back the music stops... sounds like a problem when the watch pairs back with the phone. dont know...

(repaired airpods couple of times, but still the same.)

- watch stops recording excersices. never done it before, but now i have seen it happening few times during excersizing.

2. Lubidubi, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019

Lubidubi macrumors newbie

My problem with watchos 5.3 is, that my aw 2 reacts slower on pressing the digital crown than my aw 0 on watchos 4!!
    When I press the digital crown to get out of an app for example, there is like half a second of a pause till you get to the home screen. On AW 0 with the latest watchos 4 I get instant to the home screen.
    I have this behaviour anywhere I press the digital crown on my AW 2.
    Does anybody else noticed that?

3. Lubidubi macrumors newbie

No issues on watchos 5.2 with a series 1.
    looks like a watchos 5.3 problem.

4. mrex thread starter macrumors 68040

mrex

yes, that too... now you mentioned.

5. Lubidubi macrumors newbie

Could fix it with unpairing and set it up without a backup. No delay anymore. Then Unpaired again and choosed a backup from a few days ago, cause I didnt want to loose health data. Problem did not show up again.
    Strange...