WatchOS 5 & Apple Workouts/Nike Run Club

CaptMarvel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
WatchOS 5 had all of my attention, so I was eager to try it out this morning after a late evening install yesterday. A few things I noticed then a question or two..

The workout auto detection seemed to work on par and I thought that was pretty cool. Albeit I was doing some random HIIT to get my heart rate up, and the workout tile appeared on the Siri watch face. (See attached)

Post quick cycling session, on the Siri watch face a tile appeared with my recovery stats, also pretty cool as well. (See attached)

I’m excited to try the running portion of the Apple Workouts for more stats, however a question I have for those who may know, is does a run done in Apple Workouts transfer to the Nike Run club app? I know it works opposite and you can view your stats in the activity app post NRC session. I’ve logged tons of miles and didn’t want to ditch NRC completely.

Attachments

mk313

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
You can get your runs into Nike run club by using an app called run gap. You have to sign up for a free Harmon connect account and do a one time sync of the nrc and garmin accounts and then use run gap to sync tour runs to garmin. From there, they will show up in nrc.

japanime

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
In addition to the app mentioned by @mk313, you can also move Apple Workout runs into NRC using an app called HealthFit in conjunction with the free Garmin Connect app. HealthFit will export to Garmin Connect, which in turn can export to NRC. It's not seamless, but it's certainly a lot better than using the NRC app itself.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
You can get your runs into Nike run club by using an app called run gap. You have to sign up for a free Harmon connect account and do a one time sync of the nrc and garmin accounts and then use run gap to sync tour runs to garmin. From there, they will show up in nrc.
In addition to the app mentioned by @mk313, you can also move Apple Workout runs into NRC using an app called HealthFit in conjunction with the free Garmin Connect app. HealthFit will export to Garmin Connect, which in turn can export to NRC. It's not seamless, but it's certainly a lot better than using the NRC app itself.
mk313 had a typo (looks like an auto-correct mishap). He meant Garmin connect I'm sure.

EDIT - Nevermind. I re-read japanime's post and the "other app" was in reference to RunGap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.