watchOS 5 - Change to list layout

mollyc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I just upgraded my Series 3 to a Series 4 today because the force touch on my S3 stopped working. The force touch on the new S4 seems to work for all apps except for changing the App view from the bubbles to a List. How do I get back to the List view? I set this watch up as new and all my activity data from the morning transferred over after pairing, but I can't get to the List view. I don't see an option within the Watch app on my phone, either.

I know this has to be an option somewhere because my S3 was on OS5 and used list view.

Beards

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I just upgraded my Series 3 to a Series 4 today because the force touch on my S3 stopped working. The force touch on the new S4 seems to work for all apps except for changing the App view from the bubbles to a List. How do I get back to the List view? I set this watch up as new and all my activity data from the morning transferred over after pairing, but I can't get to the List view. I don't see an option within the Watch app on my phone, either.

I know this has to be an option somewhere because my S3 was on OS5 and used list view.
Go to the bubble view then press & hold. Now select either Grid or List.

mollyc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Go to the bubble view then press & hold. Now select either Grid or List.
Yes, when I do that, the bubbles only shake to rearrange. I can't find the option to switch views.

mollyc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Try doing a restart Molly. Press & Hold both buttons until you see the white apple logo. Let the watch restart and try again.
Ah hah! Thank you! A very simple solution that I should have thought of on my own. Thank you very much!

Reactions: Beards
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.