WatchOS 6 Beta - charging problems?

SackboyDad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
last week I installed WatchOS 6 Beta 2 on my Series 4 LTE Watch. All seemed ok. It had worked for five days just fine. Two days ago, I awoke to find the watch on its charger with nothing more than the Apple logo. It took me several hard reboots to get it back to working. But the battery was exhausted.

Yesterday, I installed Beta 3. This morning the same thing happened... woke up to Apple logo and a battery that was at 15%. Also took several hard resets to get it back on.

Anyone else having any issues like this?

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
FL
if you tried:
To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
I have had this issue previously and I end up sending it back to Apple for a replacement, can't reverse beta OS.

last week I installed WatchOS 6 Beta 2 on my Series 4 LTE Watch. All seemed ok. It had worked for five days just fine. Two days ago, I awoke to find the watch on its charger with nothing more than the Apple logo. It took me several hard reboots to get it back to working. But the battery was exhausted.

Yesterday, I installed Beta 3. This morning the same thing happened... woke up to Apple logo and a battery that was at 15%. Also took several hard resets to get it back on.

Anyone else having any issues like this?

SackboyDad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
if you tried:
To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
I have had this issue previously and I end up sending it back to Apple for a replacement, can't reverse beta OS.
Yes that's the procedure I've used. I got to wondering if maybe, just maybe, the adapter or charging cable had gone bad. So I used a completely different adapter and cable and tonight no issues. We will see.
[doublepost=1562239995][/doublepost]Just out of curiosity, what did Apple charge you to downgrade your watch to the release version of WatchOS? I imagine it wasn't free

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I have this same problem. My Apple Watch Series 4 Nike LTE 44 mm is draining battery very fast. Before you give up or send it to Apple, try this. Unpaid your Apple Watch and then pair it again. I know, sounds stupid. It worked on mine. I was getting 4 hours to a battery charge since upgrading to Beta 3. Today, I'm halfway through the day (I get up early), and I've got 67%.

perezr10

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
That happened to me one night last week on Beta 2. I woke up in the morning and my battery was on 5%. My watch was on the charger all night but hadn't charged. The screen went black and it restarted after I pulled it off and touched the screen. I haven't had any issues with it since.

SackboyDad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
I have this same problem. My Apple Watch Series 4 Nike LTE 44 mm is draining battery very fast. Before you give up or send it to Apple, try this. Unpaid your Apple Watch and then pair it again. I know, sounds stupid. It worked on mine. I was getting 4 hours to a battery charge since upgrading to Beta 3. Today, I'm halfway through the day (I get up early), and I've got 67%.
hmmmm.... I assume that you re-paired and set up as a new watch rather than restoring the backup?

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
FL
Apple just sent me a replacement watch.

[doublepost=1562239995][/doublepost]Just out of curiosity, what did Apple charge you to downgrade your watch to the release version of WatchOS? I imagine it wasn't free[/QUOTE]