WatchOS 7 beta 2 restarting throughout the day

jg321

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2012
UK
Yup. Was on a long walk today and paused the workout while I ate lunch. Came to unpause it and saw the Apple logo! Often I’ll look at the watch and it’s locked, then will unlock and it says ‘Loading’. Series 3 GPS. Dev beta 1 was trouble free, this only started after installing beta 2. Unpaired, reset, repaired, it still does it. Can’t wait for beta 3!

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Yup. Was on a long walk today and paused the workout while I ate lunch. Came to unpause it and saw the Apple logo! Often I’ll look at the watch and it’s locked, then will unlock and it says ‘Loading’. Series 3 GPS. Dev beta 1 was trouble free, this only started after installing beta 2. Unpaired, reset, repaired, it still does it. Can’t wait for beta 3!
I think beta 3 will drop tomorrow.

Reactions: jg321

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Mine did not start doing it until I opened and read this thread.
Emptying browser cache to see if that stops it... 😀

• Haha
Reactions: waw74

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
I was getting the restarts, but things have settled down the past couple of days. B3 should be released shortly, hope that permanently fixes the issue. Been more of a nuisance than anything else.

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire
Hopefully fixed in the next beta. Two nights I’ve woken up to the watch locked due to restarts and no sleep hours tracked because of it.

Reactions: jg321

palemonkey

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
I hadn’t experienced any restarts with beta 1 and 2 but beta 3 I am experiencing constant restarts/freezing

jg321

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2012
UK
Updating to Beta 3 now, hoping it improves.
too early to be fully sure but mine is much more stable on beta 3. No restarts overnight or today, and tracked a walk earlier with no issues. I’ll update this thread.

Reactions: Jglez

palemonkey

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
Unpaired my watch and setup as new, seems to be OK now. Did notice a restart after enabling hand wash detection so have disabled for now.

jcschwartz

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2015
Tuscaloosa, AL
I had a reboot again today. Updated to b3 yesterday. iPhone 11 ProMax, Apple Watch Series 3 LTE.
May be it was a one-off thing? I'll repot if it keeps up.

jg321

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2012
UK
One reboot today for me, first one since beta 3. Seems to happen if I go outside and the watch/phone go out of range. Beta 1 didn’t do this at all!

MAXniper

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2019
It is happening to me too on b3, today I reset to check if continues the same, I will post results.

jg321

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2012
UK
Well, after almost two weeks of hardly any reboots, mine today has started doing rebooting many times again. It's gone from a reboot every 2/3 days to 4 so far today. Oddly, it seems most frequently to be when I leave the house, and I've been in and out of the house a few times today, so potentially related to wifi? This has happened in two different houses, one with Ubiquiti APs and one with an ISP supplied Fritzbox.

I did have one random reboot out on a walk though, in the middle of nowhere with no Wifi, and my phone with me.

Roll on beta 4! iOS 14 however seems rock solid on the phone. Good job, as I can't downgrade it without losing the watch functionality. All part of using the dev beta though...

Reactions: MAXniper
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.