watchOS Beta 6 Will Not Install Upgrade (Help)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cecoleman, Aug 17, 2016.

1. cecoleman macrumors regular

On my wife's watch she forgot to update to beta 5 on her watch. With the quick turnaround to beta 6 this week I told her to hook it up and upgrade. Well we get the same error every time...

Unable to Install Update An Error occurred installing the latest version of watchOS 3 on your Apple Watch

I've deleted the profile and reinstalled it...restarted each device multiple times with no luck. It seems to me that its related to the fact she has beta 4 instead of beta 5 on the watch. Guessing there is no way to install beta 5 first? Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you are my only hope.

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Try un-pairing the watch and then re-pair it. It doesn't matter that it's on beta 4 and you skipped beta 5. It will always just download the latest build. I skipped beta 5 as well (because I forgot to update before beta 6 released) and had zero issues.

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

@lagwagon is correct. Either re-pair the Watch it or set it up as new. Your settings will be stored the application.

4. BillGates1969 macrumors regular

BillGates1969

Yep I did the same - updated from B4 to B6 in one hit. What I did notice was it took ages (well over an hour and a half) whereas others on here have said it was a quick update.

5. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I'm on Os3/beta6 and notice I'm not getting notifications from Snapchat, pinger or iMessages.