Watchos2 weather cannot be retrieved

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Scotth48, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Scotth48 macrumors member

I am noticing that the weather app will not find my location and update my weather anybody having this issue?

2. QquegChristian macrumors 6502

I had the same issue. I restarted the watch and eventually it fixed itself.

Also had Dark Sky unable to get my location, even after restarting. Turned off location services for Dark Sky and turned back on a few times. Opened and closed the app on the phone a few times. Eventually it started working on the watch.

Neither issue fixed instantly but eventually did.

3. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I had the issue too and a restart immediately fixed it.

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

I had to delete the DarkSky from both the watch and iPhone and then it started working.

5. JCrz macrumors 6502

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Thank you. I was having the Dark Sky issue too, was just sitting on getting your location. Toggled the setting off then back on fixed it.

7. JCrz macrumors 6502

Thank you! This worked for me (switched Location Services off then on for The Weather Channel and Dark Sky...only had to switch it off and back on once and they worked right away).

8. Scotth48 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah this fixed it working now thanks

9. HowlinAl macrumors regular

HowlinAl

10. JCrz macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, both Dark Sky and Weather Channel complications aren't very reliable for me.

Dark Sky: Complication tells me me that rain is coming soon (in 15 minutes per the app). Then the complication goes to a simple temperature display (as if no rain is expected?). Tapping on it launches the app which now says rain will start in 3 minutes. No reports of error and it does at least get the location right. Complication still just shows the numeric temperature, as if no rain is approaching.

The Weather Channel complication switched to a regular umbrella with no other indicator. Tapping on it launched the app which then kickstarted the complication again (showing 58% probability).

At least an error display or a slash over the icon would be nice if it failed to get data. But for now both apps misreport the weather if there is an error. They'll probably get the wrinkles ironed out soon but for now it seems a little rushed.

11. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

After upgrading noticed the temp complication wasn't showing up. Same situation a few hours later. Finally decided to investigate and went to the app on my watch and none of the cities I had selected before were showing info. I went to my phone and checked the Weather Channels app there (since I believe that's what is used) and same there too. Went back out of app figuring I'd do something else and shortly after leaving the phone app the weather info got updated everywhere. Maybe you just have to go into the app to make it pull data? I'm fine now in any event. Didn't have to reboot or anything like that. Only other thought was that the Weather Channel app was down during that time.

12. lestere macrumors member

lestere

After checking the phone location services (and it was still on), I clicked on the weather app and lo and behold, it had lost the setting for my location. Added my location and now all is well.

13. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Interesting notes- You might as well submit them into the developers of both apps, as I'm sure there will be many issues with the first complication 3rd party apps. I just got Dark Sky to be working as a complication after having the same issues with location services listed here. The Apple Weather app was easy enough to fix for me, but Dark Sky took some restarting/toggling location services/opening iPhone app to get it to work.