Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Hello,

I am on the verge of registering my UDID on a developer account to get watch OS 3 (I'm fine if it glitches all over).

Could a developer check the Apple support page related to OS downgrade?
Is the downgrade process same as WatchOS2 (where the watch had to be sent to Apple)?

thanks!

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
It's highly annoying when non-developers sign up to just to get non public betas meant to be tested only by developers, then come here to ask moronic questions.

We pay our dues just like you ,so what do you care about?

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
I'm not seeing it specificly stated anywhere - but does one need ios10 on a phone to get watchos3 to run/work properly?

I want to go to watchos3, but not ios10

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
I'm not seeing it specific stated anywhere - but does one need ios10 on a phone to get watchos3 to run/work properly?

I want to go to watchos3, but not ios10

Imore has a blogpost that specifies ios10 is required to install it.
But maybe ios10 can be downgraded after?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
What do you even care? its not like you are forced to read their questions, let alone answer them.

I'm allowed to express my opinion that I find them annoying. They usually leave out the fact that they're using a beta when coming here to request help with a particular problem. "Hey, does anyone else have this problem?" in the OP without even bothering to mention they're using a beta, then later on when we find out we're like "Duh, you're using a beta."

Reactions: ZebraDude

OneZweiThree

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Bavaria
I'm allowed to express my opinion that I find them annoying. They usually leave out the fact that they're using a beta when coming here to request help with a particular problem. "Hey, does anyone else have this problem?" in the OP without even bothering to mention they're using a beta, then later on when we find out we're like "Duh, you're using a beta."

Sure, you are allowed to do it. But if something, that you can easily avoid, annoys you, why would you do it?
In this case though, it was pretty clear, it was a question about a beta, so I'm not sure, what your anecdote has to do with it...

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Sure, you are allowed to do it. But if something, that you can easily avoid, annoys you, why would you do it?
In this case though, it was pretty clear, it was a question about a beta, so I'm not sure, what your anecdote has to do with it...

Correct in this case. However, many non-developers who install the non-public beta don't bother to say they're using a beta when posting a problem, and they are who I find annoying.

Reactions: ZebraDude

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Unfortunate that there's no way to restore an Apple Watch as easily as an iPhone, etc. Would try out watchOS 3 in a second if it was possible.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I am going to renew mine as well, just because i want the latest and I will get back to dabbling with coding again. Seem the site is still down though

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Imore has a blogpost that specifies ios10 is required to install it.
But maybe ios10 can be downgraded after?
I wouldn't recommend you downgrade your phone to ios9 as there will be api's in iOS 10 specifically required for the watch to run wos3 effectively.

Reactions: roland.schemers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.