Watchsmith Products?....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by ShawnTXDFW, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

Anyone ever heard of Watchsmith? I ran across a page where they are selling Apple sport bands. The yellow one looks pretty sweet, along with the red. Get paid on Friday, and these would looks slick with my SS Black when it ships. Attached is a link if anyone is interested...

http://thewatchsmith.org/collections/all

2. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I wouldn't do it. It doesn't appear to have the magnet (or whatever makes the band latch into the watch face). It looks like it will just slide in and out and I wouldn't risk my watch on that to save $10.00.

3. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Magnet? It's a recess where the nub locks into. You press the button on the underside of the watch to release the band. Completely mechanical. I can't see why every third party band (and Click, etc. style adapters) wouldn't be identical.

4. akonikui macrumors regular

I wish they had pictures of their product on an actual watch.

5. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Okay. That's why I said "whatever the mechanism is". It still appears to be absent from these bands and thus my point and reservations about this product stand.

6. gladd06, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015

gladd06 macrumors member

LMAO... this has got to be some kind of joke.. the website looks like crap and the bands look even worse! On top of it all is the price!! just $10 cheaper than the authentic sports bands?

I'm all for third party bands with adapters (if Apple allows), but the is the worst that I've seen. And I've seen plenty of $10 bands from China.

Not to be an A**hole, but Please don't waste your time or money with this.